News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

A discordian take on this please...

Started by LyingTruth, September 28, 2010, 05:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Well, it's not like that video should be ignored, but they need more evidence than that.  Life isn't a Sherlock Holmes novel.

LyingTruth

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 30, 2010, 07:25:22 AM
Well, it's not like that video should be ignored, but they need more evidence than that.  Life isn't a Sherlock Holmes novel.

Evidence for what?
No, you're right, life is a very poorly scripted cartoon - at best.

Jasper

The whole video was about looking at the appearance of the north tower and hypothesizing that it was demolished on purpose.  That's not really evidence, it's just tin foil hats.

Cain

This Discordian's take on the contents of the video?  Well, thirtyseven says it a lot better than me, so I'll link to his comments

http://www.brainsturbator.com/articles/plain_and_simple_fuck_9_11/

I'll also say this, which I believe thirtyseven alludes to a fair bit in his article: what is far more interesting about 9/11 and "coverups" is how far the national security agencies and people in government went to bury their involvement with people like the ISI - some of whom were almost certainly in on the act (the ISI, that is.  Provably so, since both the Taliban and transnational Islamism in the 90s were creatures partially of their making, and the ISI had long-established links with Al-Qaeda, whom they had considered using in their power plays before).  That people whom various American groups and individuals had portrayed as a friend of the American state (as if actors on that level have anything but permament interests, hah) had been so deeply involved in such an attack was deeply embarrassing, and could severely damage their credibility.  Raise questions about their judgement. 

But of course, doing research about that is dangerous hard work, and you may end up like Sibel Edmonds or Chris Floyd - banished to the furthest edges of the journalist world and having to write for 5000 different minor publications just to make ends meet (or, you know, dead, if you fly to the wrong country and ask the wrong questions, as I suspect happened to Daniel Pearl).  Whereas Alex Jones and his ilk just get to make shit up and, especially in the case of Jones, probably eat 4 full meals a day because of their rabid and sycophantic (and brain-dead) fan base.

LyingTruth

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 30, 2010, 07:35:19 AM
The whole video was about looking at the appearance of the north tower and hypothesizing that it was demolished on purpose.  That's not really evidence, it's just tin foil hats.

Oh I see, the 'tin foil hats' obviously took pretty good care of that issue then.
And hey, while we're at it - let's say: Fuck Newton and his ludicrous ideas of how masses interact.
We are of course meant to disregard the fact that an accelerating object of relatively smaller mass
-hence insignificant inertia- cannot crush a significantly greater mass, at virtually free fall speed,
without the aid of something extra.  
The 'in plain view' lies we've been fed are so very grotesquely and awkwardly staged.
I am sorry though - I didn't mean to wake you up. Do stay asleep if that fills you with bliss.

Jasper

Hmm.  And I thought we were having an adult conversation.  I won't make the mistake again.

Cain, interesting blog article.  I found things to think about there. 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

LMNO

LT, I'll only say this once.

Let us hypothesize that the north tower was indeed demolished by something other than it being struck by a jet plane.

Now, please take a second to map out the logistics of such an act.  Actually, in order to take into account all the proveable facts about what happened in the months leading up to 9/11, it might take you more than a second.

In order to coordinate the demolition with the hijackings, you would need an insane amount of plotting, planning, and preparation.  In addition, the amount of US citizens that would be involved in such a plot would be sizable. 

Given the complexity of such a gambit, and that even wikileaks hasn't been able to come up with any evidence of outside or additional involvement, it is much more likely that there are additional physical and structural factors that have not been taken into account, as real-world events rarely behave the way a controlled experiment would predict.

Also, please cross-reference the RAW story (in one of the Cosmic Triggers, I believe) where, after repeated viewings or the Zapruder film combined with insistent exhortations from a narrator, you can convince yourself that you can see JFK's driver turn around and shoot the president in the head.

Film theory 101: The camera lies.  Always.  To base your "proof" on what a piece of videotape shows you is beyond foolish.

Cain

I feel the need to quote Matt Taibbi coming on...

LMNO

Cain

QuoteAccording to the movement, the Powers That Be in the year 2000 spent $200 million electing George Bush and Dick Cheney because they were insufficiently impressed with the docility of the American population. What was needed, apparently, was a mass distraction, a gruesome mass murder that would whip the American population into a war frenzy. The same people who had managed in the 2000 election to sell billionaire petro-royalist George Bush as an ordinary down-to-earth ranch hand apparently so completely lacked confidence in their own propaganda skills that they resorted to ordering a mass murder on American soil as a way of cajoling America to go to war against a second-rate tyrant like Saddam Hussein. As if getting America to support going to war even against innocent countries had ever been hard before! The truly sad thing about the 9/11 Truth movement is that it's based upon the wildly erroneous proposition that our leaders would ever be frightened enough of public opinion to feel the need to pull off this kind of stunt before acting in a place like Afghanistan or Iraq.

QuoteAt its heart, 9/11 Truth is a conceit, a narcissistic pipe dream for a dingbat, sheeplike population that is pleased to imagine itself dangerous and ungovernable. Rather than admit to their own powerlessness and irrelevance, or admit that they've spent the last fifty years or so electing leaders who openly handed their tax money to business cronies and golfed in Scotland while middle America's jobs were being sent overseas, the adherents to 9/11 Truth instead flatter themselves with fantasies about a ruling class obsessed with keeping the terrible truth from the watchful, exacting eye of The People.Whereas the real conspiracy of power in America is right out in the open and always has been, only nobody cares, so long as Fear Factor and Baseball Tonight come on at the right times. A conspiracy like the one described by 9/11 Truth would only be necessary in a country where the people are a threat to actually govern themselves effectively.

LMNO

Cain

Of course, it should be noted there are cases where suspected acts of state terrorism did take place against citizens of a government's own country.  However, given in that many of these cases involved catching said agents of state power with the explosives in their hands, trying to plant them, they are rather more water-tight cases than allegations made about 9/11 (see: Golpe Borghese, 1999 "Chechen" bombings in Russia, 1969 Piazza Fontana bombing etc)

LyingTruth

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time,
but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln