News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Herbaris Baphia (experimental/minimal/techno)

Started by Dalek, October 03, 2010, 08:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

I got tired of waiting for the guitarist from the other band I play for to get in the mood to record shit, so I did some recording on my own. You might not like it if you're not into minimal techno( or even if you are into minimal techno), but this here is my new project - Herberis Baphia, and this is the debut track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHGKapz320

Tell me what you think about it. I'm really open to criticism, so any critique will be welcomed. In a few days I hope I'll have time to give the finishing touches to a couple of other tracks, but for now that's the only one you can listen to.

Disco Pickle

that tone, the repeating one?  it dominates the song and takes me out of it because I can predict it.

Maybe this was what you were going for, but it wears on my ears.

maybe mix it up, take it up an octave then down, build a longer melody.  something that lasts 8 or 16 notes and then repeats.  maybe have a variation on it that leads in, and another that runs the middle of the song, then one that leads out.

If the sound is going to dominate your song, make it the sound that tells the tale.

my 2 cents.

good work otherwise.  I used to do shit like this, though I was more a melodic trance head and my BPM hardly ever dropped below 140. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Dalek

Thanks. Yeah, I usually put more variation into a song and hate it when it gets all repetitive, but now I just decided to make something monotonous and unchanging for reasons unknown.