News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Phone conversations and other shit

Started by Adios, October 04, 2010, 06:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I spanked mine when they were younger. You have to make sure they get The Fear. Especially if you're a rather small single mother of one or more sons. It's got to be ingrained in them that you have Ultimate Power when they're little, so they don't get any ideas later on.

Total conditioning, and I am unashamed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 05, 2010, 08:12:53 PM
I spanked mine when they were younger. You have to make sure they get The Fear. Especially if you're a rather small single mother of one or more sons. It's got to be ingrained in them that you have Ultimate Power when they're little, so they don't get any ideas later on.

I am pretty sure my mother can still use the Voice on me.

Jasper

I can see spankings, but whippings?

Really?  Like an actual whip?

Seems a bit...I dunno... 

Cramulus

Jasper

Yeah...

At least, now that BDSM is actually a "spoken of" thing.  It wasn't always the first thing people thought of when whips were mentioned.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 05, 2010, 08:12:53 PM

I spanked my kids. When they were little a quick smack to the butt not only gets attention but stops them in their tracks. For the most part the threat alone was enough, but there are some things that if you threaten to spank them if they do whatever and they still do it, well then I had to follow thru with my threat.  Now that they are older, eh well, they lose priviledges.  Cell phone, gaming system, tv, home phone.  I once stripped my oldest son's room bare.  He had to earn back everything he had in his room including his bed, covers etc.  That did more on the discipline side for him than anything.  AND he will never ever "borrow" my car again.  He was 14 at the time and it was 2 am.

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:27:50 PM

Seems a bit...I dunno... 

REALLY?

Come on!  Different terminology for the same things.  Spanking, whipping, switching, even beating can just refer to I'm going to beat your ass if you don't get off the fucking roof kind of thing.  Yes he did and yes I did.  He was 9.

Adios

Seems a bit...I dunno... 

:kingmeh:

BadBeast

Smacking a naughty kid is one thing. (And actually illegal here in the UK! WTF?) But taking a stick or belt to them, and thrashing them is just plain wrong. If that is the only way of dealing with them, then you've already pretty much failed them as a parent, so why make things worse?

I found gentler and less obviously abusive punishments far more effective. Like locking them in dark, cold coal bunkers for the weekend, with the rats and spiders, "to think about what they've done" a really effective tool. (They never stole biscuits from the kitchen again, at any rate) And for backtalking, or cursing, showing off tinfront of their friends, I had a pole at the bottom of the garden. I would tie the offending child to it, then hose them down, and leave then in the garden overnight. After news of a few examples of this got around the village grapevine, even their foulmouthed guttersnipe pikey schoolfriends stopped swearing and cursing, and behaving like hooligans. (At least, they did around me,) 

And my kids always thanked me for it afterwards. After a couple of wet November nights in the garden at least. But violent beatings?? There's always been far to much love in my heart for my kids, to evar raise a hand to them in violence. Anyway, my son is 6''4' now, and he's starting to get that cocky "Just you try it, you evil old bastard" look in his bonny green eye. A year ago, I may have called it defiance, but now I just pretend not to notice. So you see, psychological discipline techniques are just as effective as beatings, and far less physically demanding on a busy parent. And of course, perfectly legal too.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on October 05, 2010, 09:27:49 PM
Smacking a naughty kid is one thing. (And actually illegal here in the UK! WTF?) But taking a stick or belt to them, and thrashing them is just plain wrong. If that is the only way of dealing with them, then you've already pretty much failed them as a parent, so why make things worse?

I found gentler and less obviously abusive punishments far more effective. Like locking them in dark, cold coal bunkers for the weekend, with the rats and spiders, "to think about what they've done" a really effective tool. (They never stole biscuits from the kitchen again, at any rate) And for backtalking, or cursing, showing off tinfront of their friends, I had a pole at the bottom of the garden. I would tie the offending child to it, then hose them down, and leave then in the garden overnight. After news of a few examples of this got around the village grapevine, even their foulmouthed guttersnipe pikey schoolfriends stopped swearing and cursing, and behaving like hooligans. (At least, they did around me,) 

And my kids always thanked me for it afterwards. After a couple of wet November nights in the garden at least. But violent beatings?? There's always been far to much love in my heart for my kids, to evar raise a hand to them in violence. Anyway, my son is 6''4' now, and he's starting to get that cocky "Just you try it, you evil old bastard" look in his bonny green eye. A year ago, I may have called it defiance, but now I just pretend not to notice. So you see, psychological discipline techniques are just as effective as beatings, and far less physically demanding on a busy parent. And of course, perfectly legal too.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: BadBeast on October 05, 2010, 06:30:19 PM
Boys who were disciplined and beaten abusively by their Fathers quite often spend years as bullies themselves, and live life afraid. Sometimes they rise above it, often they don't. But boys who were disciplined by their Mothers, even regurly beaten, are rarely afraid of anything  at all when they're grown. And are usually better balanced individuals. It seems discipline from Fathers
has a great deal of humiliation attached to it for growing boys, and this is really really bad for them.

BadBeast: Brought up by Women. For Women.   :wink:

I DON'T

disagree entirely with you b.b, however i think you ought to have been beaten more. you need more fear.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

BadBeast

Quote from: E.O.T. on October 06, 2010, 12:32:43 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on October 05, 2010, 06:30:19 PM
Boys who were disciplined and beaten abusively by their Fathers quite often spend years as bullies themselves, and live life afraid. Sometimes they rise above it, often they don't. But boys who were disciplined by their Mothers, even regurly beaten, are rarely afraid of anything  at all when they're grown. And are usually better balanced individuals. It seems discipline from Fathers
has a great deal of humiliation attached to it for growing boys, and this is really really bad for them.

BadBeast: Brought up by Women. For Women.   :wink:

I DON'T

disagree entirely with you b.b, however i think you ought to have been beaten more. you need more fear.
Oh, I totally agree. My legs were occasionally slapped, but not nearly hard enough. I started bullying my Teachers at school (not physically, but mentally) as soon as I realised I was cleverer than them. I now think I must have had some kind of behavioural disorder, maybe "Oppositional Defiance Syndrome". (Which I kinda think is one of those "made up" syndromes", but it fits)  I thoroughly enjoyed School, left at 15, and have spent my time since leaving, nearly 30 years, wilfully underachieving, misbehaving, spent the 80's on the Festival scene, moving around, minimalistically existing on the edge of the underworld. Bits of petty crime, nothing I need to be ashamed of though, and not much that I regret. Did a bit of breeding, boy and a girl, both grown now, a bit of drugs, a bit of prison, a bit of this, and some more of that,  and here I am, just as up for it as I evar was. So yes, my legs should really have been slapped much harder, and much more frequently. But it's too late now.

Anyway, I have known The Fearâ„¢ for years, immersed myself in it, studied it in others, laughed at it, manipulated it, even created some of it. I've given myself to it like a trembling Virgin, seen what it can do, and where it likes to ride. Familiarised myself with it. Fought it, accepted it, rejected it, welcomed it back like an ex lover. And yes, I do fear it, because I know what it can do to people. But there's very little else  I fear. Sometimes I like to be frightened, which is one of the reasons I like Mushrooms. Nothing throws big unexpected dollups of Fearâ„¢ into my equation like Mushrooms can.

I like to go fishing too.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Juana

My dad went for the belt from the time I was three to about six. Mind you, I was a little girl and jumping on my bed at like eleven o'clock at night. My dad's all sorts of fucked in the head, though.

My mother conditioned me like Nigel did to hers, without spanking or anything like that so far as I can remember. She says she'd take my hand when I was very young and had done something bad, and she'd slap hers instead. Scared me at two, lol. And established that she could and would follow through on her threats to take things away or take me out of the store if I didn't shut up or whatever.

Quote from: Lysergic on October 04, 2010, 06:49:19 AM
I've never been mugged or bashed or attacked (except when I was in highschool, and I took care of that pretty fast).
I was once wandering around and ended up in a conversation with a busker who told me I have an "Aura" of Self Confidence and a "Don't fuck with me" vibe out of the blue. I think the way you hold yourself is the difference between being a victim or being secure.
This. My high school had a self defense class for the girls one year and they said emphatically, "don't walk like a victim!" Head up, shoulders squared, back straight, and with confidence. I'm also told I have that, too, the "don't fuck with me" thing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jasper

Quote from: Henny Youngman on October 05, 2010, 08:42:36 PM

Seems a bit...I dunno... 

:kingmeh:

Sig and HY stare at each other across an unbridgeable generation gap...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also occasionally threaten to Freak Out, and it gives them The Fear. I have done things like pour water on them, too, and throw a computer monitor out of a window. These are the kinds of things one only has to do ONCE, and then can ride forever on the residual reputation. Especially if you do it completely without displaying any emotion whatsoever. (Not when you Freak Out, though... that should involve shrieking hysteria and perhaps incoherent threats. Last time I did it, it was about five years ago on a neighbor, and the kids are still impressed to this day. The neighbor moved.)