News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

wheel of time.

Started by Horab Fibslager, July 17, 2004, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

starts with eye of the world.

read it. :!:
Hell is other people.

gnimbley

Read it. Stopped right there.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

never read it and am not planning on doing so.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Wishfarple

Went until I was reading about submissive women in collars every third paragraph and had to stop for a wank every half-hour.  This was particularly problematic on a six-hour flight to San Jose.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

whollychao

I love that series. It's my only weakness. Well, maybe. It's the only thing that turns me into a crazy fangirl.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: whollychaoI love that series. It's my only weakness. Well, maybe. It's the only thing that turns me into a crazy fangirl.

i have to admit it's turning me into a crazy fangirl too...

/me cosplays as an aes sedai :p
Hell is other people.

DJRubberducky

I read them because my then-BF was a fanboi.

Broke up with him, never felt the need to keep reading the books.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Grampa Kaos

read the first one enjoyed in paper  just found a copy of book 9  (winter heart)  slow wading through.......
Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mold-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of "the rat race" is not yet final.
     - HUNTER S. THOMPSON, 1937-2005

MEAT            C.R.S.F. cause i'm a joiner

Slarti

i heard it was pure fantasy with an easy to guess plot, cardboard characters, and a tolkein clone.

Rupert Giles

The biggest problem with the Wheel of Time is that it sucks.

Here's why:

It reads like it was written by someone who was addicted to using a thesaurus.  When you're using 10/+ metaphors talking about fog in a meadow as the sun is rising in a four sentance paragraph, you need to set the thesaurus down and take a breather.

The other problem is it won't ever, ever end.

Trollax

Quote from: holed up in a bowl burninstarts with eye of the world.

read it. :!:

Read the first 20 pages and goit bored with Robert Jordan's tedious, overly-detailed style of writing.

Horab Fibslager

i've been reading james joyce and robert e feist for the past couple years.

jordan writes soemwhere in between them, tho feist uses teh word "adroitly" far, far too often.

wheel of time is by far the msot original fantsy world i've ever read,a nd they're are so many characters. i foudn it dificult to get into at first, but after i had, i was addicted. i read teh 2nd book in the winter, then bought the first five books this summer. gobbled the first 5 books at a week each, then slowed down. all the varying factors in the book pretty much gurantee i'm gonna reread the series, cuz it's that good.
Hell is other people.

Zurtok Khan

I've read up to the "Crossroads of Twilight" (which is the newest one).  I rather like them.  They do get a bit tedious, but it always picks back up.  The one thing I hate about them is the way he leaves a character in a cliff hanger position and then ends a chapter, and won't talk about that character for 100 pages.

And, they turn me into a screaming fanboi too!
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain