News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

sweet god almighty

Started by Slarti, August 04, 2004, 03:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

How can yog-sogoth be BOTH the key AND the gate? that's CRAZY!!!

The Anti-Cabbage or Fig-1

The Ghost in the Machine is a Peeping Tom.

A*S* K.S.C. P.O.E.E. A.S.P.C.A.

Slarti

yeah, you're telling me!

Guido Finucci

Quote from: SlartibartfastHow can yog-sogoth be BOTH the key AND the gate? that's CRAZY!!!

Have you ever considered that somethings only beome anything if they  become more than one thing at once?

Consider particle, anti-particle pairs. Some versions of physics suggests that they can literally appear from nothing and annihilate back to nothing if they ever collide.

Think less about white pickets and more about relationships between things.

Bella

Yes, I have considered this notion.
It makes perfect sense to me that one could be both the key and the gate.
I myself, am more than one thing at any given time.

On occasion, I even find I am in more than one place (or plane) at any given time.
One foot in this world and one in another, so to speak.
Perhaps this is how yog-soggoth can be both the gate and the key that unlocks the gate that is himself.
In fact, are not the key and the gate simply two sides of the same coin?

PS: And now, being both the oracle and the woman who drank too much wine
( because she read somewhere that cabernet helps to fight tummy fat)
I find myselves very sleepy and think I will go take a nap.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

namu

Quote from: Guido FinucciConsider particle, anti-particle pairs. Some versions of physics suggests that they can literally appear from nothing and annihilate back to nothing if they ever collide.

Eris' physical form IS particle-antiparticle pairs fluctuating in the void.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

The Anti-Cabbage or Fig-1

Eris is complicated.  The demon that shall not be mentioned is not that complicated.  Gates and keys are very similar to each other.  Now if he was a gate and a battering ram at the same time that would be frightening.

For more information please call Ghostbusters.
The Ghost in the Machine is a Peeping Tom.

A*S* K.S.C. P.O.E.E. A.S.P.C.A.

LMNO

The Gate is Not a Gate.

The Key is no Key.

Horab Fibslager

the gate is the keeper of the gate ebcause the gate has 20soem odd auto-miniguns attached to it at sickening angles(elder aesthetics are often at odds with the stomachs of mortals)

lmno is right. the union frowns on this sort of disclosure, but the gat is no gate because it's actually a matter/anti-matter soemthign or other, which onyl resmbles a gate, btu infact is a transprotation devise of sorts. liek an airplane that resembles a door. with 20 some odd auto-miniguns sprouting out of it.

the key is no key because it's actualyl a little book that looks like a passport.

please have it ready at the gate upon your arrival for departure.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: SlartibartfastHow can yog-sogoth be BOTH the key AND the gate? that's CRAZY!!!

he's a fencing contractor?

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

which poses interesting questions indee.d Because if he's building the very thing that he is both the key and the gate too doesn't that mean he's kind of like the bastard operator from hell? Building and maintaining the system that doesn't really need to be in place? Kinda like Osiris or a politician...

Rupert Giles

which poses interesting questions indee.d Because if he's building the very thing that he is both the key and the gate too doesn't that mean he's kind of like the bastard operator from hell? Building and maintaining the system that doesn't really need to be in place? Kinda like Osiris or a politician...

Or me and my website?

archPope Rocket P Llama

Don't question Yog-Sottoth. Just believe in...him...and his plan for you. Place your trust in Yog-Sotthoth and you shall reap the whirlwind. Y-S loves you and he WANTS you to succeed. His Mr. E's are beyond our comprehension. But you must have FAITH! Now give me $23 and Yog-H-Sottoth will REWARD you IMMENSELY!
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

St. Pynchon

How about Nyarlathotep then?  How can you be soul AND messenger of the Other Gods?  Isn't souling a full-time gig?  

And does my soul fly nights as a bricklayer?  I'm curious now
MemeCo Buttons

Against the day

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: St. PynchonHow about Nyarlathotep then?  How can you be soul AND messenger of the Other Gods?  Isn't souling a full-time gig?  

And does my soul fly nights as a bricklayer?  I'm curious now
souling is a full time gig just as being human is a full time gig... the nature of your being has nothing to do with your job description will in that state of being... ( most times)
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.