News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

I'm looking for a particular passage of Discordian wisdomry

Started by yaldabaoth, August 12, 2004, 10:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaldabaoth

Hi all, I was sure that I had originally read this in the Principia, but damned if I can't find it.  I'm looking for a short passage that I believe involves a Discordian Saint or some other creature, listing 5 rules or warnings about organized religion.  I think I can paraphrase one or two: Beware any system that is of more value to the master than the student; and something about religions creating taboos out of any pleasure they cannot replace.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?  Where could I find this again?

Yours in confusion,

Yaldabaoth

Slarti

i know the principia well, and i am completely sure that there is nothing even similar to what you said, sorry.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

It's written on the microfiche that is embedded in the lick here you may be one of the lucky 25 dot... but it's only there if you are one of the lucky 25... congrats.

blessed be.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

null-n-void

Eris told me you were looking for this:
Jan  1  2  3  4  5
    6  7  8  9 10
   11 12 13 14 15
   16 17 18 19 20
   21 22 23 24 25
   26 27 28 29 30
   31  1  2  3  4

(code block for monospaced font)

Quote from: null-n-voidEris told me you were looking for this:
Jan  1  2  3  4  5
    6  7  8  9 10
   11 12 13 14 15
   16 17 18 19 20
   21 22 23 24 25
   26 27 28 29 30
   31  1  2  3  4

(code block for monospaced font)
I don't understand why every one thought it was " marsha marsha marsha"...

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

the first time I licked the dot someone pushed the book into my face as well.

Schweinepriester G.

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferisthe first time I licked the dot someone pushed the book into my face as well.

Pass the nosebleed any direction you don't wish
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)

Actually I became fascinated with that dot for some reason... I started showing it to a lot of different people... I realized that the levels of paranoia run deep in some people... it's a weird dot.

LMNO

An old band of mine did the "dot" bit on one of our albums' J-cards, but we got the bright idea of actually dosing a few.  We figured that it would assume the form of the "international cocaine dealer" trucks, and Authority wouldn't take it seriously.

After all, if people thought the music sucked, they could still have the chance of getting off, right?

Horab Fibslager

myself and the otehr four of the five unkown men were going to do soemthign liek that but with breath mints during th egreat mindfuck.

alas, we never had mroe than enough funds to dose oruselves.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

the only 5 rules I know of in the book is the pentabarf.

I - There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your Goddess. There is no Erisian Movement but The Erisian Movement and it is The Erisian Movement. And every Golden Apple Corps is the beloved home of a Golden Worm.

II - A Discordian Shall Always use the Official Discordian Document Numbering System.

III - A Discordian is Required during his early Illumination to Go Off Alone & Partake Joyously of a Hot Dog on a Friday; this Devotive Ceremony to Remonstrate against the popular Paganisms of the Day: of Catholic Christendom (no meat on Friday), of Judaism (no meat of Pork), of Hindic Peoples (no meat of Beef), of Buddhists (no meat of animal), and of Discordians (no Hot Dog Buns).

IV - A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub.

V - A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

Quote from: LMNOAn old band of mine did the "dot" bit on one of our albums' J-cards, but we got the bright idea of actually dosing a few.  We figured that it would assume the form of the "international cocaine dealer" trucks, and Authority wouldn't take it seriously.

After all, if people thought the music sucked, they could still have the chance of getting off, right?
The dot thing... lick here... you may be one of the lucky 25 that doesn't die.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: yaldabaothHi all, I was sure that I had originally read this in the Principia, but damned if I can't find it.  I'm looking for a short passage that I believe involves a Discordian Saint or some other creature, listing 5 rules or warnings about organized religion.  I think I can paraphrase one or two: Beware any system that is of more value to the master than the student; and something about religions creating taboos out of any pleasure they cannot replace.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?  Where could I find this again?

Yours in confusion,

Yaldabaoth

That's in the completely mispelled Discordian Sorta Jihaad Sessions.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"