News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Unlimited Catholic Fail

Started by Adios, October 05, 2010, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

It feels good to "fight the power".  They don't get to do that much, anymore.

Juana

All Christians live with this idea that the rest of the world is persecuting them, and satirizing them isn't going to win you anyone or do much of anything to them anyway.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jasper

I guess.  Arguably, I have no choice in the matter.

Nephew Twiddleton

Honestly the best thing to do is to befriend them. If they stop being your friend because you're an infidel, they're an insensitive jerk. If he remains your friend but worries about your soul, then his god is an insensitive jerk.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Quote from: Hover Cat on October 06, 2010, 10:00:48 PM
It was the "taking all their stuff" thing that I didn't get. They do do some good work, after all (most of which seems to be done by nuns), and they need money for that. Also, where would you like to stick the paintings and treasures instead?

I'm saying this now: I grew up with John Paul II at the helm of the church, whom I liked, and once upon a time I was fairly devout, so I have some nostalgia for parts of it. The rest of it? No. It wasn't why I left, but it sure as hell helped me shut that door behind me.

ETA: I don't think I'm expressing my loathing for the society that they would like well enough, or how they've protected those who ought to be defrocked immediately and left to the criminal courts. Because I do loathe that and their various political games. I just miss the good parts of it in abstract sense.

Besides, who else can afford to store those manuscripts with such protection from aging?