News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Illiterate clown elected to Congress

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 05, 2010, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

I wonder what a clown party rally would be like?

inb4 juggalos
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 08, 2010, 07:32:28 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 07, 2010, 02:26:35 PM
my Brazilian roommate and his brother are ECSTATIC about this. They think it's the best thing to happen to Brazilian politics since hot wax was invented.

"So who is this guy?" I asked

"He has like four teeth. That's his thing," one of 'em said. "OH and he had that really funny song in the 1990s. What was it called. I don't know. But it was really funny. That's when he was popular."

"He's REALLY dumb," said one of 'em. "He can't read. He doesn't speak Portuguese very well, it sounds to other people like he's maybe a just little bit retarded."

"So he's like Brazil's Krusty the Clown?" I asked

"Yeah that's actually a pretty good way to describe him. I'm gonna vote for him for PRESIDENTE."

Are we going to let Brazil have the last laugh on this?

NO.

We need someone STUPIDER.  Someone CLOWNIER.  Someone that barely speaks English, and can't speak anything else at all.  And has even FEWER teeth.

And wasn't even POPULAR.

That'll show them.  Oh, yes.  That will show them ALL.

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 08, 2010, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on October 08, 2010, 02:59:34 AM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 07, 2010, 02:46:56 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on October 07, 2010, 03:39:12 AM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 06, 2010, 03:11:25 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on October 06, 2010, 09:07:27 AM

DUDE(S)

that's nothin'! here in the states, we've had an illiterate idiot puppet clown for PRESIDENT for TWO TERMS every president since Lincoln!!

Fixed that for ya there!  :wink:

ALL RIGHT NOW,

that nixon guy could reed AN rite!

Better?  :lulz:

WELL,

you've certainly got hotpants for lincoln!

EWWWWW!

I just think he was the last president with a spine!

Eh, he's remembered as a better president than he actually was. Originally he had no strong interest in abolishing slavery, just preventing its spreading. His main concern was maintaining the Union and preventing secession. He also trampled on the constitution a little.

But, in comparison to most other presidents he wasn't too bad. And he had a wicked sense of humor.

THIS

thank you
"a good fight justifies any cause"

E.O.T.

DUDE(S)

that's nothin'! here in the states, we've had an illiterate idiot puppet clown for PRESIDENT for TWO TERMS every president since Lincoln!!

ALL RIGHT NOW,

WELL,

EWWWWW!

NIXON!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on October 09, 2010, 05:35:48 AM

DUDE(S)

ALL RIGHT NOW,

WELL,

EWWWWW!

NIXON!!

This. Plus, batshit crazy, but only in the later days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

WAS

nixon a scumbag lawyer like all (ahem, lincoln) the rest?! f-no!

BATSHIT CRAZY?

- was in public office during the 60's-70's?!

Juana

I don't know. I think LBJ had a spine. He knew he was going to loose the South for the democrats when he signed the Civil Rights bill, and yet he did it anyway.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

E.O.T.

:eek:
Quote from: Hover Cat on October 09, 2010, 06:49:50 PM
I don't know. I think LBJ had a spine. He knew he was going to noose the South for the democrats when he signed the Civil Rights bill, and yet he did it anyway.

CAREFUL!

thems are fightin words!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCu8H6RbbI

Lord Cataplanga

I don't know if you guys still remember him, but Tiririca has apparently remained very popular in Brazil,

I'll translate some parts that I found interesting:

Quote[Tiririca] was nominated for journalists covering the legislature as one of the top 25 deputies of the year. With the nomination in the first phase, he now disputes the vote of the Internet, which will define the order of final classification of Congress in Focus Award 2012 , which will be delivered on the 8th of November.

and it's not just demagoguery, but there are some objective measurements as well.

QuoteTiririca is one of the nine deputies who was present in all 171 sessions intended for voting in the House. He has also assisted in committees, where assistance is not mandatory. The congressman showed up at 106 (88%) of the 120 meetings of the Committee on Education and Culture, which he is in charge of.  The congressman presented seven bills - all geared to the circus and education...

for example:
QuoteLast month, the Commission on Social Security and Family of the House unanimously approved a bill introduced by the congressman in 2011. The proposal, now referred to the Committee on Constitution and Justice, provides for the establishment of a program of social support to persons performing circus activities.

In practice, the text assures circus professionals inclusion in the Organic Law of Social Assistance, allowing them to be covered, for example, by the Unified Health System even without a fixed address. Today, many circus people have no access to health care and can not enroll their children in public schools for failing to prove the residence, the congressman justified.

Tiririca says the transformation of this bill into law is a top priority of his mandate.

Also, if you read that article through Google Translate, you'll probably find this part confusing (because there is some Sapir-Whorf weirdnesss going on):
For me, just being on the list is a victory. I'm not a politician, I'm a politician. It's a big difference.

This actually makes sense in portuguese (and spanish, and some other languages, probably). Basically the first time he uses the word politician, he is using the word as a noun, and the second time as an adjective. He is also using two different words for the verb "to be", which have different meanings in portuguese but translate to the same word in English.

The first word sou means "I am" in a permanent sense (like in essence, identity or inmutable state) and it's often followed by a noun, while the second word estou also means "I am" but in a more incidental way (like Aristotelian forms, or a status effect in an RPG) and is often followed by an adjective.

Verbal Mike

I think I got that - so it could be translated "I'm not just being a politician – I'm a political person." Right?

Interesting stuff, anyway!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Sano

Just read this today. Yeah, Tiririca is apparently doing a good job. He says he's under a lot of pressure because if something goes wrong, the media will jump at him and say something like, "look, the clown is ruining politics" and stuff.

Also, for those who don't know, we have a nice tradition of putting celebrities in positions of power, and they usually do their job very well, weird as it sounds. Once we elected a famous stylist and hairdresser, Clodovil Hernandes, just because people thought his gayish pose was funny (he is dead now, incidently. Had millions of dollars, a very very VERY nice mansion, and apparently had hired a personal pianist). More recently we also elected a retired soccer player called Romário, and from the many interviews he's done I can say he is a good politician, having denounced some corruption schemes involving the Pan-American games in 2007 and the world cup and the olympics.

Quote from: VERBL on September 20, 2012, 09:19:32 AM
I think I got that - so it could be translated "I'm not just being a politician – I'm a political person." Right?

Actually is the other way around - he doesn't identify with being a political person, he's just doing politics at the moment.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or perhaps "I am not a politician, I am being a politician".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 20, 2012, 04:33:06 PM

Or perhaps "I am not a politician, I am being a politician".

I like this guy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sano on September 20, 2012, 04:24:54 PM
Just read this today. Yeah, Tiririca is apparently doing a good job. He says he's under a lot of pressure because if something goes wrong, the media will jump at him and say something like, "look, the clown is ruining politics" and stuff.

Also, for those who don't know, we have a nice tradition of putting celebrities in positions of power, and they usually do their job very well, weird as it sounds. Once we elected a famous stylist and hairdresser, Clodovil Hernandes, just because people thought his gayish pose was funny (he is dead now, incidently. Had millions of dollars, a very very VERY nice mansion, and apparently had hired a personal pianist). More recently we also elected a retired soccer player called Romário, and from the many interviews he's done I can say he is a good politician, having denounced some corruption schemes involving the Pan-American games in 2007 and the world cup and the olympics.

Actually is the other way around - he doesn't identify with being a political person, he's just doing politics at the moment.

Is their effectiveness as political figures perhaps tied to the fact that they had sufficient (unrelated) wealth and influence prior to running for office that they are less concerned about satisfying the interests that often influence politicians with their financial support?

Cain

Nigel: Possibly, but I'd replace "wealth" with "popularity".

Since it seems to be a trend in most democracies that politicians are wealthier, even before they enter politics.