News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

DOGPILE ON LYS, GET HIM WHILE HIS EGO'S EASY TO HIT

Started by Lies, October 05, 2010, 11:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:26:28 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:25:33 AM
This is not really cool.

This is really *stupid*. For the most part.

There's a couple of them that are cool that I like, but 95% of them are idiots who really contribute nothing to society and are just looking for ways to boost their geek egos.

Sorry they aren't living up to your standards.  They should settle down and watch TV like everyone else.

No, they should join food not bombs, amnesty international, become fire fighters, nurses, doctors, collect money for AIDS charities, or, fuck, even help out the red cross or join the police force. Mostly anything is better then being a costumed moron.

First, I am NOT saying those people are costumed idiots. I have respect these professions seeing how I happen to be a member of a uniformed armed force.

Second, the only thing that keeps things like uniforms  from being stupid costumes is society's view on it's legitimacy.

Third, while I did poke fun at the Watchman for basically being neighborhood watch in a costume he IS doing something for his community.

Fourth, what are YOU doing?

Lies

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:36:25 AM
Quote from: Doktor James Semaj on October 06, 2010, 12:34:33 AM
They're not just helping people, they're providing an example. Showing that people can be what ever they need to be.

Want to be a super hero? Then be a fucking super hero!

People needed to be reminded that they don't have to be average.

No, Lysergic is right.  They should be normal, and do normal things when they want to help out.

Anything else would be disorderly, and the maximum number of people won't be helped.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Stop twisting my words around you asshole and try and see where I'm coming from here.

I love the *idea* of costumed people going around doing good things, but the *reality* is much different from the advertising.

Hasn't Watchmen taught you people ANYTHING?

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:37:01 AM

1- I've got nothing against 'weirdness'. I'm just saying, there are better ways to help out society, and going on what some of those guys claim to do and what their "core" beliefs are, I'm willing to bet everything I own they're going to *start* more trouble then help.

2- Why doesn't EVERYONE become doctors? Is having a good heart and wanting to help people in ways that you have an expertise in such a lazy thing, even if it isn't the *best* thing you can do?

3- Police, was that sarcasm? Cus I fucking hate them, for the most part, but I understand they have a role to play in society and I just gotta outsmart them if I want to live my life freely, which normally isn't very hard.

1.  And we wouldn't want that.

2.  You're the one that brought it up.

3.  Yes, the police did a bang-up job in Orlando.  Maybe that dude in the video should volunteer some of his time to them.

No, Lys, you're absolutely right.  Everyone should shut the fuck up and join one of the existing organizations, and not dress TOO colorfully or do anything that's too outrageous.  That would be bad and wrong, and doesn't help The Children.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:38:55 AM

I love the *idea* of costumed people going around doing good things, but the *reality* is much different from the advertising.

Just  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 12:37:58 AM

He's telling us how to do it right.  Now pay attention.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteNo, Lysergic is right.  They should be normal, and do normal things when they want to help out.

Anything else would be disorderly, and the maximum number of people won't be helped.

Utilitarianism? Really? Blegh.

So they're not helping in a manner you approve of? So fucking what? At least they're helping, which is more than can be said for many people.

QuoteHasn't Watchmen taught you people ANYTHING?

We have an ominpotent blue superguy? Why am I never told these things!
Insanity we trust.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:38:55 AM

Yes maintain control of my creative works so a big studio doesn't mangle my art on the big screen.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:40:51 AM

well fuck, I am winning then. I serve the NationTM.

Lies

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:39:23 AM

1- I've got nothing against 'weirdness'. I'm just saying, there are better ways to help out society, and going on what some of those guys claim to do and what their "core" beliefs are, I'm willing to bet everything I own they're going to *start* more trouble then help.

2- Why doesn't EVERYONE become doctors? Is having a good heart and wanting to help people in ways that you have an expertise in such a lazy thing, even if it isn't the *best* thing you can do?

3- Police, was that sarcasm? Cus I fucking hate them, for the most part, but I understand they have a role to play in society and I just gotta outsmart them if I want to live my life freely, which normally isn't very hard.

3.  Yes, the police did a bang-up job in Orlando.  Maybe that dude in the video should volunteer some of his time to them.

No, Lys, you're absolutely right.  Everyone should shut the fuck up and join one of the existing organizations, and not dress TOO colorfully or do anything that's too outrageous.  That would be bad and wrong, and doesn't help The Children.

Yeah, look, you're just completely missing my point here.
Fine, worship the fucking costumed geeks. I don't give a fuck anyway.

I'm going to go and support the people who I feel are *really* making a difference and watch them get no credit for it regardless.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor James Semaj on October 06, 2010, 12:41:25 AM
QuoteNo, Lysergic is right.  They should be normal, and do normal things when they want to help out.

Utilitarianism? Really? Blegh.

So they're not helping in a manner you approve of? So fucking what? At least they're helping, which is more than can be said for many people.

You're not being very respectful to Lys's message.  You should have spent the time you used to post to knit socks for the underprivileged.

Remember, kids:  Movies about people with enormous blue penises are the best way to gauge the outcome of a weird social mini-movement.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lysergic on October 06, 2010, 12:43:26 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:39:23 AM

Yeah, look, you're just completely missing my point here.
Fine, worship the fucking costumed geeks. I don't give a fuck anyway.

I'm going to go and support the people who I feel are *really* making a difference and watch them get no credit for it regardless.

DAMN STRAIGHT!  DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT LYING DOWN!

WRITE THE LEAD SINGER OF ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN!
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:43:30 AM

Remember, kids:  Movies about people with enormous blue penises are the best way to gauge the outcome of a weird social mini-movement.

RAMEN ALL OVER THE MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 12:42:50 AM

By Lys's standards, that puts you next to Saint Francis of Assissi.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 12:45:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:43:30 AM

RAMEN ALL OVER THE MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :argh!:

I love being me.  :)
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 12:45:15 AM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 12:42:50 AM

By Lys's standards, that puts you next to Saint Francis of Assissi.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should all be thankful I spend what little free time I have serving The NationTM to post here.