News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I might be able to try a hand at it in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to think of a couple of rule alterations that might make the game more interesting, I'll let you guys know
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Triple Zero

also, avalanches, helicopters, boobs and guns.

oh and oneliners.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

LMNO

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nephew Twiddleton

As LMNO first developed this game, Bear Trebuche wins.

Actually I was thinking of coming up with something like the following:

Spider subsuming Citizen has three possible outcomes: Citizen gets away, Citizen gets subsumed, Citizen becomes a Spider
Spider subsuming Discordian has three possible outcomes: Discordian gets away, Discordian gets subsumed and is out of the game, Discordian gets poisoned (meaning that the Discordian loses control and attempts to negatively convert a random Citizen in the next turn with out their knowledge. If successful, Citizen becomes depressed and is out of the game)

If Spider attacks Discordian and is not subsumed, the Discordian is given two names.

Discordian converts Citizen, with three possible outcomes: Citizen doesn't listen, Citizen is negatively impacted and is out of the game, Citizen becomes a Discordian.
Discordian converts Spider: Spider gets away, Spider's identity becomes known to the Discordian, or Spider gets confused and accidentally attempts to convert a random Citizen to Discordian without realizing it.

If a Discordian manages to not find out the Spider's identity, the Spider will be given the Discordian's name and a Citizen's name.

I also want to give the Citizens some sort of special ability but I can't think of what yet. Possibly finding out whether or not a specific is a Spider or a Discordian, with a 30% success rate?

Freeky

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 26, 2010, 02:35:20 AM
Too complicated.

Not really. The game would more or less be the same for the players. It would become more complicated for me or whoever else was managing the game, but the variety of outcomes would be interesting.

Jasper

Al Qədic

Well, another SPIDERS thread binge-read...
The start was slower than the first, and between the salt and the waffling, it only really picked up towards the end, and at key points, like the creation of The Machine™. That said, I loved the postcards/telegram/collect call/DMV fluff. Nice bits of storytelling to break up the bluffs and bamboozlement. Also, LMNO goofed on the Bus Number again.
Round 3 start, page 28
15/2 = 7.5
7.5 + 1 = 8.5
8.5 rounded up = 9
9 =/= 8

Should I be responding to such an old thread I wasn't even part of? Probably not. Oh well.  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

LMNO

I am surprisingly consistent.

Telling you now, the third iteration doesn't have any narration, and I am now 95% sure I messed up the count somewhere.