News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: ☂ Kim Jong Fred ☂ on October 20, 2010, 10:06:43 PM
I HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON TO LISTEN TO ME YOU SPAGS  :argh!:

It was due to you and Freeky that I decided to try and confirm nekk as a spider. Imagine my surprise that he was the other Discordian! I probably would have gotten swept up and voted him off in the next round if it weren't for his flub to you guys and you both coming to the conclusion maybe he wasn't the spider after all.

ETA: Alphapance did admit to me he found it odd that neither nekk nor I came forward as Discordians after our attacks. I fugured that it would draw unneeded attention to me at that stage in the game and I could come forward after successfully converting
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, despite my frustrations (which were inappropriately channeled from other things going on), I would be totally willing to jump in on any Spiders III, lack of booze and/or smokes be damned.

A Villager is interested too.

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 20, 2010, 10:05:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 20, 2010, 10:01:58 PM
I have this game figured out, btw, for the citizen side.

Don't vote for anyone unless the Discordians are all dead, or the discordians finger someone on an attempt.

Time is on the side of the citizens.

This game definitely proved that. It ended with no Discordians. Hell, the citizens beat the Machine with no Discordians. I'm surprised they got Sig. I actually didn't suspect him at all even though I should have for his extreme reluctance to weigh in on you.

I fucking had you guys.

Anyway, I think the game could use some rebalancing, in favor of the noncitizens.  We both got taken care of too easily.  The way it's set up, mediocrity will usually win the day.

Elder Iptuous

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iptuous on October 20, 2010, 11:25:57 PM
Thanks for another great game, LMNO!!!
:D

:mittens:

Though I will vote in favor of bomb the cabbages option from bussed Discordians/citizens.

Freeky

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 20, 2010, 10:30:38 PM

Don't vote for anyone unless the Discordians are all dead, or the discordians finger someone on an attempt.

This game definitely proved that. It ended with no Discordians. Hell, the citizens beat the Machine with no Discordians. I'm surprised they got Sig. I actually didn't suspect him at all even though I should have for his extreme reluctance to weigh in on you.

I fucking had you guys.

Anyway, I think the game could use some rebalancing, in favor of the noncitizens.  We both got taken care of too easily.  The way it's set up, mediocrity will usually win the day.

No, I think that it's too easy to create the Machine. I think it should be back to none of the non-citizens know who the other non-citizens are, and either keep 2 discordians or go back to one.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 20, 2010, 11:34:08 PM

I fucking had you guys.

No, I think that it's too easy to create the Machine. I think it should be back to none of the non-citizens know who the other non-citizens are, and either keep 2 discordians or go back to one.

I think that number of Discordians should be equal to spiders. Though the way it is now is more in tune with reality.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 20, 2010, 11:35:29 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 20, 2010, 11:34:08 PM

I fucking had you guys.

I think that number of Discordians should be equal to spiders. Though the way it is now is more in tune with reality.

Well, the reason I am saying that the Spiders shouldn't know each other, because the Machine is too easy to make that way, is that once the Machine is created, we're all fucked. The only reason we got the spiders is because their failed attempts on the Discordians gave them the answer to the identity, and Sig was a lucky shot. Even after we had their names, we still got rid of innocents first.

Nephew Twiddleton

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 20, 2010, 09:34:55 PM
Quote from: Phox on October 20, 2010, 08:32:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 20, 2010, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Phox on October 20, 2010, 08:25:52 PM
I wasn't a spider, and people didn't try to kill me! I declare this a moral victory for Phox!  :lulz:

Also Blight, I did the math for you in the PM.  I was well aware that you probably weren't going to trust me, but fortunately, we managed to get by with.... 0 Discordians.  :oops:

I did trust you after some deliberation, which is why I tried to convert you. Your math was sound. It was after the fact that I started getting suspicious. :)

Yeah, it was an off chance, but since you had a 100% conversion rate, it was a huge risk for the unknown spider to take. Sig probably wouldn't have taken it.  :lulz:

Too bad I wasn't successful converting you on my first attempt. Though, I must say, you were my first choice anyway because you dig metal and Latin.
:lulz: Aren't those the only factors that matter when choosing who to convert? Speaking of, I was talking this place today with a guy I know. Not that he's into metal or Latin (that I know of), but he is a disaffected Catholic, so that's sometihing in common.  :lulz:

Jasper

Whatever you say about the game rules, the fact is that the game wasn't even close, as things were.  Stronger enemies would make the game more fun.

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 21, 2010, 12:59:43 AM
Whatever you say about the game rules, the fact is that the game wasn't even close, as things were.  Stronger enemies would make the game more fun.

I don't know Sig. Both times, the citizens only won because they got lucky. I was discovered by a Discordian last game, ending the threat of the Machine before it started, so the Discordians had free reign. You made a tactical error, we caught it and hoped we had found a legit clue. Honestly, if you hadn't abstained from voting for Dok, you'd probably be eating me right now.  :lulz:

Jasper

Point is though, counter factual reasoning means little when in both cases, civilians won by a wide margin.  If the spiders were actually too strong, they'd have given you guys a run for yor money.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 21, 2010, 01:11:53 AM
Point is though, counter factual reasoning means little when in both cases, civilians won by a wide margin.  If the spiders were actually too strong, they'd have given you guys a run for yor money.

Actually, by the end of the last game almost all the citizens were Discordians, IIRC. so, they had subsumption protection, no reason to form a cabal and waste a turn, and it would have only been a matter of time before exactly what happened, happened. This game it was much more likely that he Spiders would have won, if there weren't certain mistakes made. 

How would you make the Spiders stronger anyway?