News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stelpa

Well, since nobody here is named Matt, we have nothing to go on. As we say in mafia, RL (random lynch)? Or do you want to try and get some actual "Evidence" (bleh)  :horrormirth:

Jasper

Huh.  That was a whole lot of stalemate.  :lol:

Same conditions, new information.  How are we going to get the two candidate spiders from the discordian without outing them?

ETA:  If we can't get that information, it still makes sense to keep abstaining.

Phox

Oh. Shit. One Discordian fails to convert, the other gets found out. We may have a slight problem here, folks. I suggest we panic.

Jasper

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 07, 2010, 08:41:34 PM
Huh?  How does the other one get found out?

The other one was almost subsumed. Obviously, the spider knows who it tried to subsume, right?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Heeeeeeerrrrrreeee little worm....  come into the nice web.....

ssssshhhhhh it's perfectly safe......

:lulz:

Stelpa

Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 07, 2010, 08:50:22 PM
Heeeeeeerrrrrreeee little worm....  come into the nice web.....

ssssshhhhhh it's perfectly safe......

:lulz:

Well, I'm dead  :oops:

Remington

So, does the second Discordian know the identity of the Spider?
Is it plugged in?

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM
LOL RULES LOL

There will be three Spiders.  They will be known collectively as The Spider.  Two of the Spiders will know each other, one will not know either.  Each round ("round" is defined later), one of the Spiders will choose a Citizen to subsume.  If subsumed, the Citizen is out of the game and will sit on the couch to watch Jersey Shore reruns.  They can post in the thread, but please refrain from excessive speculation or act as if nothing happened.

There will be initially two Discordians.  They will not know each other, and no one else will know who they are.  Every round, one Discordian can evangelize a Citizen.  There will be a 50% chance that the Citizen will convert and become a Discordian.  The new Discordian will know who converted him.  If not converted, the Citizen will not know who the Discordian is.

If a Spider tries to subsume a Discordian, there will be a 50% chance they will not succeed.   If a Discordian is not subsumed, they will be given two names.  One will be the Spider that attacked him, and one will be another player.  They will not know which is which.

If a Discordian tries to evangelize a Spider, there will be a 50% chance they will be subsumed.  If they are not, they will not know they escaped a Spider.

If a Discordian tries to convert another Discordian they did not convert themselves, they will create a CABAL.  The CABAL has a 100% chance of converting a Citizen, who will then be part of that CABAL.  It will be up to the CABAL if they want to make it public. The CABAL will be broken if all but one of the members are subsumed or Put On A Bus.

If a Spider tries to subsume one of the other Spiders, they will begin to create The Machine™.  All three Spiders must be subsumed in order to create The Machine™.  Once created, The Machine™ has a 100% chance of crushing both Citizens and Discordians, but only a 50% chance if the Discordian is part of a CABAL.  If The Machine™ has not been created, the Spider still has a 50% chance of subsuming a Cabal member.  Once created, The Machine™ will continue to exist, even if one of the Spiders is Put On A Bus (see below).

Every round, the Citizens will discuss and choose a fellow Citizen to Put On A Bus, where they will be forced to surf TVTropes.com for the remainder of the game, and can not participate.  A simple majority will choose who to Put On A Bus.  If no simple majority is reached, then no one gets Put On A Bus that round.  Citizens who are put on a bus can still post in the thread, but please don't act like you weren't just kicked off by a bunch of paranoid freaks.

With that in mind, if a player who has been subsumed or kicked off has a funny or clever idea of how to communicate with the rest of the Citizens (see: Cudgel's radio transmission in the last game), PM me about it, and I'll see if it can work in the game.  The idea is that if you try to creatively contribute, it will make the game more interesting.

A Round will be defined as the length of time it takes for EVERYONE playing the game to make a post.  The game will not continue until everyone has posted in that round.  If a player hasn't been contributing to the thread very much (i.e. consisting mainly of "this is a post" or "I vote ___"), I may not wait for them to post before moving on.  This will be decided on a case by case basis.

Depending on how the game is going, there may or may not be clues in the various narratives as to the identities of the Discordian and the Spider.

The game is over when either all the Spiders have been Put On A Bus, or all Citizens have been Subsumed.

If all Citizens are Discordians at the end of the game, and all Spiders have been Put On A Bus, then the game ends with REVOLUTION.

To Recap:
-At the beginning of the game, no one will know who the Discordians are, even to each other. 
-Only two of the three Spiders will know each other.
-A converted Discordian will only know who converted them. 
-Each round, there will be a vote for who gets Put On A Bus. 
-A Discordian has a chance of not being subsumed by a Spider.
-A Discordian has a chance of converting a Citizen into a Discordian.
-A Discordian can create a CABAL by converting a Discordian.
-A Spider can create The Machine™ by subsuming all three Spiders.
-A round is not over until all eligible players have made a post.
-If you're subsumed or Put On A Bus, please act like it.

Phox

The rules give the Discordian a 50-50 shot. He/she can try to convert one of the names to confirm, but its probably wiser to wait until one is confirmed as being a spider or not. So, basically, the Discordian can take a large risk with little payoff anyway, OR has to wait until on of the people gets subsumed or bussed to do... anything.

Doktor Howl

Well, that just goes to show how accurate our guessing is.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 10:37:14 PM
Well, that just goes to show how accurate our guessing is.   :lulz:

YEP YEP, lets draw lots now...  :lulz:

Or everyone can come to mah web party tonight!!!!  :wink:

Rumckle

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 07, 2010, 08:28:44 PM
Downstairs at the local eatery, Sore Dick's ("You Just Can't Beat It!"), the citizens were a mess.  A few were off to one side, doing some half-assed LARP-ing, a some more were arguing loudly at a stained wooden table, and the rest were inexplicably wearing spider costumes and cackling wildly.  The manager had come down the steps to see what all the noise was about, and had a suitable response:

:spit:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Nephew Twiddleton

Failed conversion would not necessarily mean that the failed convert is a spider... damn.

So one Discordian is known, and one spider is possibly known...
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 12:18:57 AM
Failed conversion would not necessarily mean that the failed convert is a spider... damn.

So one Discordian is known, and one spider is possibly known...

No, the Discordian has a 50-50 guess at who the spider is. Known nothing. And who said the failed conversion was a spider?