News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Taht's pretty much what I'm saying.

Unsubsumed Discordian knows of a potential spider.

The Discordian who attempted to convert won't know if that person was a spider or not.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Back to practice for me. Will check back in when I get home.

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 12:23:37 AM
Taht's pretty much what I'm saying.

Unsubsumed Discordian knows of a potential spider.

The Discordian who attempted to convert won't know if that person was a spider or not.

Yeah, that's true. I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that we may have a slight problem, because one Discordian now has two tiny bullseyes painted on his sweet, tender jugular, and we're still at 2 Discos to 3 Spiders.

Don Coyote

So the Discordian outs hisself with the two names he got. We all vote for one of the names. If it's not the Spider whoops, we get the Spider next round.

Although this would also let the other Spider's know who is a Spider and they would try to subsume one of the names, probably the one we didn't vote for.

Phox

Well, that could work. But then, I could throw out two random names right now. Why should you believe I'm the Discordian? If I can do it, so can anyone else. Including one or more spiders. And hey, what if the other name he got was the other Discordian? Then we're boned.

ThatGreenGentleman

We didn't get innocent civilians a spider put on the bus?  :argh!:
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Phox

No, we didn't. I think Kiaransalee is new, so she could also be a spider. And she certainly isn't helping her case by playing the "imma spider" card. That seems like the "ignore me, I'm just a lunatic" tactic of this game.

Nephew Twiddleton

Said Discordian could out him/herself, and that would be a sound way to at least offer temporary protection, but I'm not sure if that would complicate things, since it would also give the other Discordian an advantage to form a cabal. On the other hand, that might not be tactically wise either, since it would be better for the Discordian to try and convert someone else to bolster the numbers.

LMNO?

ETA- if LMNO allows the Discordian to out themselves, it should be with the stipulation that he confirms the Discordian's identity in order to prevent the spiders from claiming to be a Discordian. Maybe it could be something like, the other Discordian should not attempt to convert the outted Discordian, since that would be backsies. Said Discordian could still try to cabal with the non-outted Discordian.

The downside of course is then the Discordian would have 3, instead of 2, spiders on his/her tail.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 01:29:48 AM
No, we didn't. I think Kiaransalee is new, so she could also be a spider. And she certainly isn't helping her case by playing the "imma spider" card. That seems like the "ignore me, I'm just a lunatic" tactic of this game.

FYI, Kiaransalee is new to this game, but she's been a member of PD for a while. She was here when I got here.

Also, don't doubt that LMNO might make some long time posters all spiders in order to throw us off while we think that it's someone new.

Jasper

Wait, I assumed they were random?  Do we have any reason to believe otherwise?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 08, 2010, 04:24:03 AM

Someone said that LMNO always chooses a noob for the baddies.

Jasper

Oh.  I was expecting something even slightly convincing. :|

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:26:56 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on October 08, 2010, 04:24:03 AM

Someone said that LMNO always chooses a noob for the baddies.

Dok said it's always the new guy playing, not that LMNO chooses them because they are new.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i think its random draw

and what do you mean always, last game was the first time LMNO ran it so...he cant "always" choose a noob

well anyway, one claiming to be the discordian (they me so before the results too) said that me and Dok were the two names given to them for the one who tried to subsume them

i dunno if this is a real discordian or a FALSE PROPHET!!!

Freeky