News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: ☂ Kim Jong Fred ☂ on October 08, 2010, 04:31:14 AM
i think its random draw

and what do you mean always, last game was the first time LMNO ran it so...he cant "always" choose a noob

well anyway, one claiming to be the discordian (they me so before the results too) said that me and Dok were the two names given to them for the one who tried to subsume them

i dunno if this is a real discordian or a FALSE PROPHET!!!

I think that should be suspect. Hmmm. Let me ponder that.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok, thought it over.

Hypothetically, it could be a spider saying that with the intention of turning you and Dok against each other, with the rest of us trying to figure out which one it is. Theoretically, you could be said spider, and Dok could be said Discordian.

Phox

The problem is, if the Discordian comes forward, then who's to say the spiders won't throw us off by coming forward as the Discordian? We have no way to corroborate their stories. Not even the other Discordian has the name of his counterpart. In short, we can't trust a person coming forward. Secondly, only one of the spiders knows who he is now. If he came forward, ALL of them would. The spider who knows will have to wait until both of the other two go. Which would, theoretically give us enough time to vote off both names, unless a fake Discordian comes forward. But we can't protect the Discordian from getting subsumed, either. The spiders don't know each other, and can't communicate. He's safe for two rounds at least, which means possibly two more Discordians. Should we risk losing one (and a potential recruit) to the spiders that don't already know who he is?

Paul, whoever you are, please don't out yourself.

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:22:05 AM
Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 01:29:48 AM
No, we didn't. I think Kiaransalee is new, so she could also be a spider. And she certainly isn't helping her case by playing the "imma spider" card. That seems like the "ignore me, I'm just a lunatic" tactic of this game.

FYI, Kiaransalee is new to this game, but she's been a member of PD for a while. She was here when I got here.

Also, don't doubt that LMNO might make some long time posters all spiders in order to throw us off while we think that it's someone new.

Yes, I was referring to people new to the game, not new posters. Also, it was Dok Howl who said it. And hey, in my experience 100% of the time a noob was a spider. Just sayin'.
i think its random draw

and what do you mean always, last game was the first time LMNO ran it so...he cant "always" choose a noob

well anyway, one claiming to be the discordian (they me so before the results too) said that me and Dok were the two names given to them for the one who tried to subsume them

He chose a newb last time (me). So, until proven otherwise, 100% of the time he chooses a newb. Statistics are clearly in my favor.  :lulz:
i think its random draw

Hmm. Bad move if it WAS the Discordian. Confusing, but possibly good move for a spider though.... through PM?

ETA: All my accusations against new people are totally unfounded, random allegations with a completely unreliable source (me) making up statistics to impress the gullible. Lighten up, kids, I'm joking about it.  :wink:

Nephew Twiddleton

Two of the spiders DO know each other though, and said Discordian will likely be attacked again in the next round or two.

Also, I added that if LMNO allows the Discordian to come forward, it should be with the stipulation that LMNO himself confirms that the Discordian is in fact telling the truth.

Freeky

That is a dumb idea. Sorry.

Not least of which because it is too complicated.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 08, 2010, 04:52:32 AM

Perhaps. I'm just trying to think, since the odds are slightly skewed in favor of the spiders winning.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:54:58 AM

Perhaps. I'm just trying to think, since the odds are slightly skewed in favor of the spiders winning.

You're thinking too hard. Just have fun.

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:49:06 AM
Two of the spiders DO know each other though, and said Discordian will likely be attacked again in the next round or two.
Over looked that fact, since it wasn't the case in the last game. There's still a ~33% chance that the spider who attacked him is the Lone Spider though.

Also, I added that if LMNO allows the Discordian to come forward, it should be with the stipulation that LMNO himself confirms that the Discordian is in fact telling the truth.

And I wholeheartedly disagree. One, it just confirms the Discordian, making him THE target, and breaks the game way too much. A Bussed (out of the game) Discordian outed me as a spider last time, since the citizens KNEW he was a Discordian and could be trusted. LMNO did not approve of dead people giving advice and revealing the secrets, so why would he himself do it?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 08, 2010, 04:55:32 AM

You're thinking too hard. Just have fun.

That's part of the fun. At least for me.

Don Coyote

Ya I had a bad idea. And I see no reason for LMNO to corroborate a Discordian coming forward to out the Spider while still being a playing in the game, least of all because it would make the game easier and possibly less interesting.

In short we are boned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 04:56:04 AM
Over looked that fact, since it wasn't the case in the last game. There's still a ~33% chance that the spider who attacked him is the Lone Spider though.

And I wholeheartedly disagree. One, it just confirms the Discordian, making him THE target, and breaks the game way too much. A Bussed (out of the game) Discordian outed me as a spider last time, since the citizens KNEW he was a Discordian and could be trusted. LMNO did not approve of dead people giving advice and revealing the secrets, so why would he himself do it?

I thought he allowed it?

Phox

the problem with that is, if we blow our one advantage, the Discordians, then the Spiders will have free reign, and we will have no way whatsoever of figuring out who they are. There are too many chances of losing if we use are trump off the bat.

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:59:29 AM

I thought he allowed it?

He did, and changed his mind for this game.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 04:59:39 AM

the problem with that is, if we blow our one advantage, the Discordians, then the Spiders will have free reign, and we will have no way whatsoever of figuring out who they are. There are too many chances of losing if we use are trump off the bat.

Hmmm. True.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 08, 2010, 04:59:29 AM

I thought he allowed it?

He did allow me to out the Spider, but I had been bussed, I was not subsumed AND everyone knew I was a Discordian.