News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE OFF DOK WHEN I'M ON VACATION GUISE

LMNO

LMNO

Over at the Elixer Muffin, things had gotten serious.  Rumors were flying about the weird things that were going on, and who might be responsible.  Two names in particular kept coming back around.

"It's not me, I'm telling you!" said Fred.  "You're all stupid for thinking so!"

"How can we trust you?" asked a voice in the crowd.  "Especially when you've been in the middle of everything?"

"God, you're dumb.  I was the one who brought it up the first time.  And that was to show you that I was to be trusted, so we could get to the bottom of this!"

"Sure, unless that's exactly what you want us to think.  You just don't have the right values."

"Gah!"  Fred started rubbing her temples.  "Fine!  Fine.  I'll go.  I'll leave.  But you'll see... You'll see that I'm not the problem here...  HE IS."  Fred's finger jutted out towards Dok Howl, who simply rolled his eyes.  The rest of the crowd greeted the accusation with silence. 

Fred turned, and walked out.  As she left the bar, an enormous tour bus pulled up to the curb.  The door opened, and a heavily accented voice said, "excuse, me, miss?"

Fred looked in, warily.  "Yes?"

"Ah, yes.  I'm driving the Netherlands national soccer team around town, but I seem to be a little lost.  Do you think you could help out, and show us the sights?"

Fred took a running leap and dove into the bus. 

That was the last anyone saw her.  Occasionally, postcards would arrive at the bar, but they only said things like, "Still having a great time!" and "What's the Dutch word for 'Fred sandwich'?" and "You wouldn't believe what I just did with a vuvuzela!"  Perhaps she'll emerge again at the next World Cup.

Fred was put on a (sexytime) Bus.  She is out of the game.  Fred was not a Spider.

Somewhere in the City, under the flickering of a half-broken streetlamp, there was a glimmer, thin as a razor's glare.  Away from the stuttering light, something scuffled.  Eight red, bulbous eyes watched carefully, waiting.  At the end of the alley was movement.  The Spider thought it looked familiar.  The streetlamp briefly blazed at full power, and for a moment, the Spider thought that someone had left a mirror at the end of the alley.  Eight eyes stared back.

There was recognition. 

There was realization.

Deep beneath the city, gears began to turn, and the pavement gently shook.  A sleeping giant began to wake.  It was the slumbering sum of Everyman's fears.  It was the terrible face of the inexorable destructive drive of mankind.  It knew the course of human history, and it simply didn't care.

The Machine™ was waking up.

Two Spiders have found each other.  The Machine™ is 2/3 complete.

"Hey, Matt, what are you doing right now?"

"Me?  I don't know... I feel like doing something, though."

"You look a little bummed."

"I don't know.  It's just, sometimes I just can't get through to people.  They're all, 'gee I wish things didn't have to be that way,' and I just want to say to them, 'So stop'."  Matt looked bashfully at Paul.  "I suppose you think that sound silly."

"Well, yes and no.  Sure, it's silly to think that people are going to change so easily.  But it's certainly not silly to want to try.  I've been attempting to figure out ways to shock people into a new sense of awareness ever since I came to this City.  I've been resorting to putting these up around town, just to see if anyone would notice."  Paul slapped an 8.5x11 piece of paper on the table.  All that was written on it was one word: ART.  "See, I thought that if I could put these on common, everyday objects, like a port-o-potty or a parking meter, people would start thinking about things differently."

Matt just stared.  "That's amazing.  Why have we only just met?  I've been thinking about doing stuff like that for a while now.  I've been doing those "Death to Extremist" stickers—"

"That's you?!"  Paul laughed.  "Brilliant stuff, man.  Brilliant.  Hey, we should work on doing stuff together, as a team.  What do you say?"

"Absolutely.  Time and place.  That's all I need."

"Here.  Now."

The Discordians have found each other.  They are now a CABAL.

ROUND 4 HAS BEGUN.

A few things to keep in mind:

Quote from: The RulesIf a Spider tries to subsume one of the other Spiders, they will begin to create The Machine™.  All three Spiders must be subsumed in order to create The Machine™.  Once created, The Machine™ has a 100% chance of crushing both Citizens and Discordians, but only a 50% chance if the Discordian is part of a CABAL.  If The Machine™ has not been created, the Spider still has a 50% chance of subsuming a Cabal member.  Once created, The Machine™ will continue to exist, even if one of the Spiders is Put On A Bus.

What this means in technical terms is that in this round, if the correct Spider is not voted off, it has the possibility for creating The Machine™.  By "correct spider," that means both the Spider whose turn it is to choose this round, and the Spider who did not choose last round.  If the incorrect Spider is chosen (that is, the Spider who chose last round), then the Machine™ can still be created, even if there are only 2 Spiders left.

Example:

S1 and S2 know each other from the start.
S2 finds S3.
S3 must choose S1 in order to make The Machine™.
If either S1 or S3 are voted off, then they cannot make The Machine™.
If S2 is voted off, then The Machine™ can still be made.

Quote from: The RulesThe CABAL has a 100% chance of converting a Citizen, who will then be part of that CABAL.  It will be up to the CABAL if they want to make it public. The CABAL will be broken if all but one of the members are subsumed or Put On A Bus.

If either of the Discordians now playing are subsumed or voted off before an additional conversion can be made, then the CABAL is broken. 

Votes needed this round: 8.  (14/2=7+1=8)

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: nekk on October 07, 2010, 08:53:57 PM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 07, 2010, 08:50:22 PM
Heeeeeeerrrrrreeee little worm....  come into the nice web.....

ssssshhhhhh it's perfectly safe......

:lulz:

Well, I'm dead  :oops:

Ah, but here's the context.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2010, 03:57:46 PM

Well, I'm dead  :oops:

Here he is, putting himself on the bus with his own mouth.

I have said from the get go, the worm is up to something   :evil:

Nephew Twiddleton

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 12, 2010, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 07, 2010, 08:50:22 PM
Heeeeeeerrrrrreeee little worm....  come into the nice web.....

ssssshhhhhh it's perfectly safe......

:lulz:

Well, I'm dead  :oops:

Ah, but here's the context.

So what?  Nobody believed Khara is a spider.

Here's the thing.  After the initial attack, either Nekk or Fred had to be lying, as I am not a spider.  Fred did seem more likely, but it turned out that she wasn't the spider.  That leaves Nekk.  He attacked a Discordian, and when the Discordian stayed quiet (to avoid the other spiders), Nekk put out two names on IRC to deflect attention from himself (one of which was the one he talked to, so she'd think she had a slam dunk), and to bag 2 citizens.

It's the most likely result, unless you believe a Discordian would out himself on round 2.
Molon Lube