News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

SPIDERS II: Electric Boogalo (the search for Curly's gold)

Started by LMNO, October 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

James Semaj danced with dark glee down the street.  It had worked!  The plan was all coming together!  He had trapped all threats, and the City was his to devour and crush at his leisure.  He stopped for a moment before a storefront, lined with flowerboxes.  He leaned over to smell one, then reached out and crushed it in his hand.  Dust drifted from his palm when his fingers opened. 

Behind him, a crowd had gathered.  One of them motioned with his hand, and a bright yellow taxi pulled up beside them, with Frankie behind the wheel.  The crowd looked around nervously for any of the dark, telltale uniforms of the Ministry.  As Semaj strolled down the street oblivious in his assumed power, Larry plowed into him with a full body tackle, bringing him to the ground.  With tires screeching, Larry accelerated towards them.  The rear doors flung open and Ian leapt out, grabbing Semaj by the neck and hurling him into the cab.  Another squeal of rubber against pavement, and the taxi was gone, heading towards the docks. 

Larry sang softly under his breath as the rest of the crowd caught up.  "Don't it always seem to go?"

"So... Is that it, then?" asked Alice.

"Not quite.  There's still one final thing to attend—hey, where's Freeky?" he said, looking around.  That's when they heard the stomp-clomp of heavy boots.  Turning slowly, Larry saw a phalanx of Ministry officers dragging away Freeky.  One of the men looked as if he was holding a large meat tenderizer.  She struggled, trying to get away, but one of the men grabbed her by the hair and jammed a tazer under her chin.  While the crowd watched silently, the men threw her into a paddy wagon painted entirely black, and slowly drove away.

Semaj sleeps with the fishes.  He is out of the game.  He was a Spider.

Freeky has been detained for extended questioning by The Ministry.  She has been crushed by the Machine™.  She is out of the game.

ROUND 8.

Votes needed: Five.  (8/2)+1=5

Dysfunctional Cunt

Ok, so if I'm keeping up correctly, these are the remaining players right?

Iptuous
Phox
Sigmatic
BDS
Rumckle
Sir Coyote
TGG
Kiaransalee

Phox

Dok, who was in fact a spider, claimed Coyote was the third spider. Freeky, who was not a spider, vouched for Coyote's innocence. Hmm. The best lead we have was that Sigmatic abstained from voting for Dok, as did Semaj, who was also a spider. I am voting for Sig, unless something drastic happens to change my mind.

Sigmatic - 1

Don Coyote

abastaining until I either wake up to more infos or somethihng.

Jasper

The reason I abstained is because last time I voted him off and he wasn't a spider, and he was acting the same exact way this time.  And the facts weren't exceptionally convincing to me at the time.  In hindsight, I was mistaken.

I won't bother saying I'm not the spider, since there's no evidence for or against it.

What other leads are there at the moment?  I've had a busy school week, and I haven't been paying as much attention as I usually do.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 19, 2010, 08:54:49 PM
The reason I abstained is because last time I voted him off and he wasn't a spider, and he was acting the same exact way this time.  And the facts weren't exceptionally convincing to me at the time.  In hindsight, I was mistaken.

I won't bother saying I'm not the spider, since there's no evidence for or against it.

What other leads are there at the moment?  I've had a busy school week, and I haven't been paying as much attention as I usually do.

Unfortunately, there aren't any other leads. In all likelihood, you aren't the spider. You're just the most convenient scapegoat. But, my word doesn't usually go very far, so you're probably safe.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

bds

Elder Iptuous

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Jasper

What the hell, why?  It's random.

Voting Pho.  I suspect she's secretly able to herd cats.

Me 4
Pho 1

Elder Iptuous

your argument is compelling.
changing vote to pho.

Sig - 3
Pho - 2

Rumckle

I will vote for Sigmatic, for many varied and complex reasons.

Sig - 4
Pho - 2
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 20, 2010, 12:02:54 AM
What the hell, why?  It's random.

Voting Pho.  I suspect she's secretly able to herd cats.

Grr! How did you know!? Tiger told you, didn't he? Treacherous cat! Still, that's about a good reason as any to vote for someone.  :lulz:

Remington

Is it plugged in?