News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Feed the homeless, go to jail FLORIDA, LOL

Started by Adios, October 06, 2010, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

So we should change this to a St. Louis sucks ass more than.....  thread :lulz:  K?

E.O.T.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2010, 08:20:00 PM
Quote from: Henny Youngman on October 06, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
My bad.

Happens to the best of us.

YES

but this was posted by the better version than the previous

AND

so much hilarious stuff in this newsreel! police, monitored how many people he fed and took samples? is Obama in on this?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Thurnez Isa

QuoteDo You support Orlando's homeless meal ordinances?

The fact we even have to ask that question means humanity sucks
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

That and unless this is an isolated incident I never wanna hear anything about America being a "Christian nation" ever again
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

the last yatto

Giving away food is unlawful in sin city too not sure where else
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

E.O.T.

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on October 07, 2010, 12:56:06 PM
QuoteDo You support Orlando's homeless meal ordinances?

The fact we even have to ask that question means humanity sucks

I THINK

it's further proof that america is now a zoo
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Iason Ouabache

I understand why laws like this are in place. It's a matter of public safety. You don't want some idiot going around handing out tainted beef stew. However, the police are assholes for doing the undercover surveillance and arresting him for feeding 5 people over the limit. They should have used some discretion here. This dude isn't part of the problem.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

isn't it entrapment if officers are the ones that made up the five extra people?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Pēleus on October 08, 2010, 05:55:25 PM
isn't it entrapment if officers are the ones that made up the five extra people?

nope.  He intended to violate the ordinance.

QuoteA person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Adios

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:06:16 PM

Prove it.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 08, 2010, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:06:16 PM

Prove it.

his statement after his arrest that he'd be out there doing it again is very revealing.  He's doing it as a protest.  I can't talk to the guy and ask him myself but I'd be willing to bet he knew there was an ordinance before he set out to do this.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann