News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Feed the homeless, go to jail FLORIDA, LOL

Started by Adios, October 06, 2010, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Sorry, I guess I was a bit unclear.  I wasn't advocating that position for myself.  I agree that it's a stupid law.

However, if someone did make a whole bunch of people sick, "They" would want someone to blame for the medical attention needed to help the sick.

And somewhere along the line of the sausage-making legislative part, they drew the line at 20 people (or whatever it was).

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it appears as if it would work this way in normal circumstances.

Doktor Howl

I still want to know why Phox thinks admiring someone who emulates MLK makes someone a jackass.   :?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 08, 2010, 06:52:10 PM
Sorry, I guess I was a bit unclear.  I wasn't advocating that position for myself.  I agree that it's a stupid law.

However, if someone did make a whole bunch of people sick, "They" would want someone to blame for the medical attention needed to help the sick.

And somewhere along the line of the sausage-making legislative part, they drew the line at 20 people (or whatever it was).

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it appears as if it would work this way in normal circumstances.

Actually, I think it's to keep vendors from serving food without a license & a health card...Or at least that would have been the original intent.

However, it IS Florida, so maybe they just like to watch homeless people starve to death.

Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 08, 2010, 06:54:02 PM
I still want to know why Phox thinks admiring someone who emulates MLK makes someone a jackass.   :?

I'm betting (hoping like a motherfucker) that wasn't her intent, but she will have to speak for herself.

LMNO

I still want to know why Phox thinks admiring someone who emulates MLK makes someone a jackass.   :?

Because she envisions herself as the one holding the truncheon?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 08, 2010, 06:55:43 PM

I'm betting (hoping like a motherfucker) that wasn't her intent, but she will have to speak for herself.

MLK IS LIKE SOOO 1967!
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

because Glenn Beck will hold a rally on your birthday.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 08, 2010, 06:56:06 PM
I still want to know why Phox thinks admiring someone who emulates MLK makes someone a jackass.   :?

Because she envisions herself as the one holding the truncheon?

Or perhaps "it's been done", so nobody can ever do it ever again, or they're copying.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:56:37 PM

Wasn't that on the anniversary of his speech?
Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 08, 2010, 06:47:13 PM
Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 08, 2010, 06:40:13 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on October 08, 2010, 06:38:06 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:18:22 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on October 08, 2010, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on October 08, 2010, 05:55:25 PM
isn't it entrapment if officers are the ones that made up the five extra people?

nope.  He intended to violate the ordinance.

Prove it.

his statement after his arrest that he'd be out there doing it again is very revealing.  He's doing it as a protest.  I can't talk to the guy and ask him myself but I'd be willing to bet he knew there was an ordinance before he set out to do this.

So you can't prove it. Check.

I think the guy's own words count.

But what of it?  It's a bad law, and shouldn't be obeyed.

This, and as long as he abides by any legal punishment he's given, he's following in a long line of great people like Martin Luther King, Jr. who used civil disobedience. And he gets all kinds of brownie points with some jackasses if he points that out.

How would admiring someone who emulates MLK make you a jackass?

I was referring to members of the media, not him.The media is full of jackasses, though not everyone is. Most of the people in the media would fawn over him if he pointed this fact out to them, including some of the jackasses that would condemn him otherwise. Sorry for the confusion there.

ETA: Jesus fucking Christ, guys, give me a chance.  :lulz:

Cain

I think Phox meant that if you styled it as MLK style civil disobedience, a lot of people who would otherwise try and punish you for it would suddenly cease their attacks, knowing the reputation that MLK has and how opposing that reputation makes you look (outside of a Rand Paul rally, at least).

Maybe.

But it's hard to parse, no doubt.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 08, 2010, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 08, 2010, 06:56:37 PM

Wasn't that on the anniversary of his speech?

damn, yeah.  got em confused for a min.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 06:57:39 PM

I was referring to members of the media, not him.

Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 08, 2010, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Phox on October 08, 2010, 06:57:39 PM

I was referring to members of the media, not him.

maybe this:

members of media=jackasses

being admired by members of media=being admired by jackasses

I think that's what she meant.

LMNO

Oh, I got it.

"Some of the Media are jackasses, but if you compared yourself to MLK, they'd change their minds and praise you, instead."