News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Firefighters Watch as Home Burns to the Ground

Started by Psychonomaly, October 07, 2010, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Just a side note, a mobile home can burn to the ground in 5 to 10 minutes, so I'm wondering how much home was left by the time the fire department even got there.

Also, if the customer hasn't paid, why even show up?

Adios

Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 07, 2010, 07:52:33 PM
Just a side note, a mobile home can burn to the ground in 5 to 10 minutes, so I'm wondering how much home was left by the time the fire department even got there.

For the BBQ.

AFK

I think, and I could be remembering this wrong, that a nearby house caught on fire who's owner did pay the $75. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 07, 2010, 07:54:54 PM

I think, and I could be remembering this wrong, that a nearby house caught on fire who's owner did pay the $75. 

"Hi, we are your  local fire department.  We were just in the neighborhood and came by to watch your home burn to the ground!!!  We would stop the fire like we did your neighbor's but you didn't pay for our services. 

Got any marshmellows?"

NICE! 

Phox

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 07, 2010, 07:54:54 PM

This is what happened. Also, you'd figure those people would, ya know, put out the OTHER flaming house, just to keep it from spreading again, but... no.

the last yatto

Close, they came to the nearbye field of a someone who paid the voluntary tax :fnord:

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 07:39:42 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on October 07, 2010, 07:38:26 PM
*note to self, do nevar work at at a Coffee shop*

I think I would die if I had to listen to anything about or by Rand :vom:

But on smoke breaks, you could hold your cigarettes backwards and talk about objectivism.

Smoking a cigerette filter first is far preferable to discussing Objectivism ;-)

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 07:35:26 PM
Also, he hasn't left, he's back to looking at this thread.

HOP TO IT, LIBERTARIAN BOY!  THOSE LATTES AIN'T GONNA MAKE THEMSELVES!

(It is a well known fact that all libertarians are barristas, have been barristas, or aspire to be barristas.  But not that all barristas are libertarians.  The non-libertarian barristas are in a special hell for something really bad they did, and have to listen to endless monologues about Ayn Rand.)

The only project I had pending was just given a cease and desist from the client because they realized they might have probably fucked up their drawings soooo

one more hour with you fine folks.

coffee anyone?
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

the last yatto

Quote from: Pēleus on October 07, 2010, 07:29:26 PM
Actually DP if you bothered to read the article, if his son had run inside the house instead of assaulting the fire chief, they would have came and saved the house and probally the person too

I take my coffee and tea with two lumps, good sir
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Pēleus on October 07, 2010, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on October 07, 2010, 07:29:26 PM
Actually DP if you bothered to read the article, if his son had run inside the house instead of assaulting the fire chief, they would have came and saved the house and probally the person too

I take my coffee and tea with two lumps, good sir

coming right up.

but um, I haven't made any comments on this event ITT..  all of mine were in that other thread.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

the last yatto

Only the assault was covered in the other link

He lives in "unincorporate" property, the near by cities charged a vountary tax. To provide just this service. Why you offended he didn't get city services at his farm when he didn't pay for it? Your not a commie are you?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My biggest question in this whole thread are about the people who keep making comments and asking questions that don't make sense if you read the fucking article. It's a short article written at about a 4th-grade level, so fucking read it before making yourself look like an illiterate jackass with a stupid opinion.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 07, 2010, 09:41:18 PM
My biggest question in this whole thread are about the people who keep making comments and asking questions that don't make sense if you read the fucking article. It's a short article written at about a 4th-grade level, so fucking read it before making yourself look like an illiterate jackass with a stupid opinion.

But I treasure my stupid opinions.   :sad:

Dok,
American.
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Pēleus on October 07, 2010, 09:39:02 PM
Only the assault was covered in the other link

He lives in "unincorporate" property, the near by cities charged a vountary tax. To provide just this service. Why you offended he didn't get city services at his farm when he didn't pay for it? Your not a commie are you?

im not offended he didn't get the service.  not at all actually.  you must have me confused with some other pickled vegetable.. 

was there a sour kraut posting ITT that I missed?

I read it, didn't think there was much more to contribute than I already did in the other thread where this came up. 

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 09:54:31 PM

But I treasure my stupid opinions.   :sad:

Dok,
American.

Yep, this.