News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Parody movies

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 22, 2010, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cainad on November 02, 2010, 03:59:44 AM
The writing duo of Seltzer and Friedberg can be blamed for a lot of this; the original Scary Movie was successful and they've been riding those coattails ever since.

Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, and Disaster Movie are all their creations.

I think it's funny that critics tear their hair out and say these people should be shot into the sun every time they come out with a new shit sandwich. That's probably the only funny thing that comes out of their writing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 08:26:39 AM

Oh man this should be a poster. I'd stick it together, but that needs proper none blocky graphics :D I'm not the man for that job.

for me pixels never went out of fashion.

Actually that would be pretty good for Operation Mindfuck. Making posters for fake movies. Success will be determined by the speed and method of the demise of S & F's careers.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cainad on November 02, 2010, 03:59:44 AM
The writing duo of Seltzer and Friedberg can be blamed for a lot of this; the original Scary Movie was successful and they've been riding those coattails ever since.

Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, and Disaster Movie are all their creations.

I can't decide if I can blame them for finding a way to make easy money. Write crapass movies, sell to the demanding public = cash. Maybe they've got the same philosophy we've seem espoused on the boards here? Take the money and run sound familiar?
I think the blame has to land on the people forking up the cash for these disasters.

BadBeast

Take the money and run, I can roll with. But take the money, then run all the way back to the Studio, make another equally "funny" Movie, to the same formula as "Airplane", then repeat until either Pavlov's Public unlearn how to get led around by the snout, (not anytime soon, I'll wager) with the promise of the same old laughs, the same old jokes, and the same old Actors, or all the electricity gets used up.

Badbeast; Super cynical today.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cainad (dec.)

They are totally justified in milking a slack-jawed public for every penny they can get away with... and everyone else is justified in pointing out that the celluloid-based milking machines they call "movies" are utterly elephant tripe marinated in a savory shit sauce.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cainad on November 16, 2010, 02:27:39 AM
They are totally justified in milking a slack-jawed public for every penny they can get away with... and everyone else is justified in pointing out that the celluloid-based milking machines they call "movies" are utterly elephant tripe marinated in a savory shit sauce.
Well yeah, I kinda agree with this too. I'm quite fickle like that. And I'm still waiting for "Freddy got fingered II"
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4