News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Welsh are people too?

Started by the last yatto, October 08, 2010, 08:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

I guess I'm just old-fashioned but I really prefer my programming without advertising like it used to be before the politicos tampered with Auntie [the Beeb]. Not all change is progress
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 02:58:11 AM
QuoteTV licenses. Fucking retarded.

Yeah. I took mad offense at being forced to pay one as I had no TV, but the license man who came round said, 'ah, well, see, your PC has a TV in card, and that is technically capable of receiving BBC one if you plug it into that socket there see?'

'The fucking socket blocked behind my solid oak 10 foot bookshelf in a frankly unusable position yes?' said I

'Yes' says he.

'MEH!' said I.

What happens if you don't pay the license fee?
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 03:05:35 AM
You'll get a Courts' Summons for non-payment of TV Licence, and a criminal record and a fine. You then have to pay the unpaid licence fee's for however long they decide you were dodging em for too.

So call it 1500 pounds + whatever they stick on top + a criminal record.  :sad: for fucking TV.

yet another reason for me to not live on that island.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 03:05:35 AM
You'll get a Courts' Summons for non-payment of TV Licence, and a criminal record and a fine. You then have to pay the unpaid licence fee's for however long they decide you were dodging em for too.

So call it 1500 pounds + whatever they stick on top + a criminal record.  :sad: for fucking TV.

Even if you don't have a TV?
Molon Lube

Jasper

You are required to pay for tv even if you do not use tv.

I think I will stay here in America, where we have socialized tv.

Jasper

Bwa ha ha!  I think we can actually fuck with a lot of people with the phrase "socialized tv".  It has potential.

Jasper

I think we should have this too.

It would create a lot of jobs.

We should also hire thousands of federal window breakers.  It would give repairmen jobs.

We can call it the Fuck You tax.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 02, 2010, 05:05:28 AM
I think we should have this too.

It would create a lot of jobs.

We should also hire thousands of federal window breakers.  It would give repairmen jobs.

We can call it the Fuck You tax shakedown.

Fixed.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 04:25:43 AM
QuoteYou are required to pay for tv even if you do not use tv.
:mrgreen:

Sums it all up nicely that does. Its mandatory to pay, even if you don't own or use one.

Also, I do not believe there is such a power-trip-obsessed-tin-pot-dictator-style-jobsworth-job in the USA as TV Licence Inspector.

Possibly traffic warden. Possibly.

DMV clerk.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Liam on November 02, 2010, 05:43:14 PM
I shall visit this DMV next time Bella has to go, to see the horror first hand. I hear bad things.

It's like visiting the Soviet Union, and popping around the corner just to buy a roll of toilet paper.
Molon Lube

the last yatto

Id demand a paper license that I could hang on the wall
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, I guess we know where Mrs. Bernadine Behaf lived. At least in 1985.

Nephew Twiddleton

Suu

Fucking Brits spell license wrong. Just like color.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

MMIX

Quote from: Suu Cool for School. on November 04, 2010, 10:05:12 PM
Fucking Brits spell license wrong. Just like color.

Old meme is old - and we can tell the difference between a verb and a noun
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber