News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Music by Divination

Started by Triple Zero, October 08, 2010, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

I got an email from my cousin today. He does strange, experimental scientific artsy stuff with a sort of spiritual bend to it.

Last exposition I saw from him, he got a quantum-based random number generator device (using a laserbeam and a prism, iirc), and then he tried to influence the statistical properties of the random numbers using his mind. Yeah. But that's not the point :) Ignore the quantum kneejerk reaction for a moment ;) He just does it for the art of it, and doesn't make any outrageous claims, like for example the Emoto guy with his water crystals.
Anyway, the point is, the paintings that came out of it were extraordinary beautiful! That's cause he's also a talented graphics artist with a lot of experience on printing and 3D rendering. The images looked like flowers or leaves or pebbles scattered in a way defined by the random numbers. But their definition was absolutely stunning, cause he used a fancy printing technique that used like 16 different colours of ink (as opposed to the usual 4 in CMYK).

Anyway, he's doing something completely different now. Starting Saturday 0:00 New Zealand time, ending 24:00 Samoa time (24 hours in every time zone), he'll be broadcasting randomly generated music. That's from Saturday 7am until Sunday 7pm New York time.

Probably best to read his website:

http://iebele.nl/101010/

Music by Divination is part of a scientific & artistic research project on correspondence between the human psyche, physical systems and music. Music by Divination is conducted by Iebele Abel (artist, researcher) in co-operation with the Princeton Global Consciousness Project, the International Consciousness Research Laboratories (ICRL) and other scientists.

As a special global event during October 10th 2010, Music by Divination will be broadcast LIVE. The subject of research is the listeners' experience of interconnectedness while they listen to music based on newly developed divination technology.

Summary

During the World Day of Interconnectedness Iebele Abel, artist, author and researcher, will conduct a live musical experiment which is also part of a scientific research project on correspondence between the human psyche and physical systems.

Using technology and theory derived from quantum- and biophysics, this project explores contemporary means to translate anomalous correspondences into music in a meaningful way.

October 10th 2010, this music is generated and performed in realtime; this unprecedented event will be broadcast worldwide for 24 hours in every timezone, as a supportive means to evoke the experience of interconnectedness to the listeners. The music is especially designed to be used during moments of relaxation, alone or in a group

You can participate in this event, by listening to the live music stream (click on the link on top of this page 'Start listening now'). The music will be generated and broadcast in realtime 24 hours in every timezone. More specific, the event will start at October 10th, 00:00 hours local time in New Zealand till 24:00 hours local time in Samoa.

The acquired data of this experiment will be used for further scientific study.

More detailed information about this and related projects can be found in the book Talks about Mind over Matter. Dutch people may prefer the Dutch edition.

The Music by Divination project is a co-operation of

Iebele Abel (initiator), Artistic and research director
Dr. Roger Nelson, Princeton Global Consciousness Project
Prof. dr. Dick Bierman, University of Amsterdam
Prof. dr. Hans Gerding, Leiden University
Dr. Roeland van Wijk, Meluna Human Research
International Consciousness Research Labaratories (ICRL)
Leo Sonneveld, Interconnectedness Foundation
Jacco Lamfers, Consulting musician
Jeroen Kumeling, Audio stream consult
CAST Foundation, Software development
Public Media Publishing, distribution

Well I'd understand that some of us here get really nasty itches and twitches from subject matter like this, and unfortunately I haven't had the time or occasion yet to question him skeptically myself :-)

But at the very least, he's talented and produces awesome stuff.

Also I assume some of you might be very interested in things like this, to do with synchronicity and all that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.