News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

The 4th Kind

Started by Adios, October 09, 2010, 03:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

So I just watched the movie. The went to Alaska. They had to have seen Palin. We are so fucked.

Thurnez Isa

Talk about how a gimmick can completely ruin an experience.
The parts with the supposed "real" people I found kind of interesting and I was drawn into those "supposed interviews" the parts with the named actors doing the supposed "reenactments" distracted me.
Having said that I know what they were trying for so I don't give it as much flak as my friends.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on October 09, 2010, 03:50:28 AM
Talk about how a gimmick can completely ruin an experience.
The parts with the supposed "real" people I found kind of interesting and I was drawn into those "supposed interviews" the parts with the named actors doing the supposed "reenactments" distracted me.
Having said that I know what they were trying for so I don't give it as much flak as my friends.

I'm with you.

E.O.T.

I THOUGHT

it was vampires. oh wait, the feds - same thing.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Adios

Quote from: E.O.T. on October 09, 2010, 03:57:31 AM
I THOUGHT

it was vampires. oh wait, the feds - same thing.

Aliens dammit. Get on the correct conspiracy or GTFO!

Cain

The first time I watched it I wasn't too impressed, though that scene near the end is pretty well done.

The second time I watched it I was just bored, though.  It should be easy to make a horror film about anal-probe wielding aliens speaking Sumerian, but the X-Files was more frightening than this.

Adios

Yeah, it's not something I would want to see again.

There is a movie I want to see though, Mrs. Henderson Presents. You Brits would like it, maybe.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2010, 01:29:39 PM
The first time I watched it I wasn't too impressed, though that scene near the end is pretty well done.

The second time I watched it I was just bored, though.  It should be easy to make a horror film about anal-probe wielding aliens speaking Sumerian, but the X-Files was more frightening than this.
It was unbelievably shite. At the end of that opening scene, where Multipass Jovovich delivers her "this is a real story" bit, some wag in the audience shouted out, "Because you're worth it!"

This set the tone for the rest of the film quite accurately. It's a trope-o-rama.
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009