News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

What was the last 1/

Started by BadBeast, October 10, 2010, 10:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Classic piece of vinyl you put on?

I've Got "American Beauty" playing right now.

(Truckin')
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Requia ☣

I can't even remember the last time I *saw* a vinyl.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Country and Western Stars. Various artists.

Phox

Reissue of The Ramones' first album. My father has quite a vinyl collection that  I occasionally borrow, though I really should get my own player. I picked that up for him a few years ago for his birthday. Think I'll get him some Clash this year, if I can find any. And yes, I'm buying him albums that I myself would want to listen to.  :lol:

Adios

Terri and I have over 200 albums, not including 45's.

Phox

My dad's is somewhere in that area, maybe just slightly less. I myself have a rather large collection of cassettes for someone who grew up in the age of CDs. Maybe only 50 or 60, but no one my age I know even has a cassette player, so I think that's pretty good for me, I think. If I do get a player for them, I will start picking up vinyls though. I always liked the sound quality. Maybe that's why I like playing in garage bands and making "low-quality" recordings.   :D

Adios

Quote from: Phox on October 11, 2010, 12:13:40 AM
My dad's is somewhere in that area, maybe just slightly less. I myself have a rather large collection of cassettes for someone who grew up in the age of CDs. Maybe only 50 or 60, but no one my age I know even has a cassette player, so I think that's pretty good for me, I think. If I do get a player for them, I will start picking up vinyls though. I always liked the sound quality. Maybe that's why I like playing in garage bands and making "low-quality" recordings.   :D

:lulz:

I have some 8 track tapes. One has never been opened.

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 11, 2010, 12:15:05 AM

Yeah, I'm too young for 8-tracks, and my father never wanted to upgrade from vinyl until they stopped carrying them in stores. So, it was cassettes, then CDs. I know where to look to find vinyl though.

BadBeast

Quote from: Phox on October 11, 2010, 12:04:44 AM
Reissue of The Ramones' first album. My father has quite a vinyl collection that  I occasionally borrow, though I really should get my own player. I picked that up for him a few years ago for his birthday. Think I'll get him some Clash this year, if I can find any. And yes, I'm buying him albums that I myself would want to listen to.  :lol:
I have that myself , original too.  (Now listening to Here & Now "Give and Take")
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 11, 2010, 12:15:05 AM

I got an 8 Track player, but no Tapes. Never used it, picked it up out of a skipful of rubbish. 

Sir Squid Diddimus

last record i put on was a Smiths album.
this one

Freeky

Quote from: BadBeast on October 10, 2010, 10:53:47 PM

A couple weeks ago, I think. It was a nurse's costume by Leg Avenue, very hot and uncomfortable.

AFK

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 11, 2010, 02:27:21 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on October 10, 2010, 10:53:47 PM

A couple weeks ago, I think. It was a nurse's costume by Leg Avenue, very hot and uncomfortable.

This is pretty much where my mind went first when reading the question. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

what is this vi-nyl you speak of?

bds

I guess the last piece of "classic" vinyl I played would be the Jeff Wayne musical War of the Worlds.