News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

MapTool shenanigans

Started by Telarus, October 10, 2010, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

I've begun to code up a "framework" for the tabletop game I play (Earthdawn) on the virtual tabletop app, MapTool (rptools.net).

Here's what I've got so far (keep in mind this is done with a macro/scripting language): Wrapped my head around multi-page html characters sheets in a frame, how to call properties from the token into the frame, how to setup lights and vision blocking

To do: figure out how to pass html forms back to the codebase (how to make the character sheet editable and set properties on the token), figure out how to auto-generate secondary characteristics, figure out an inventory system, code up a GM Screen with relevant tables, charts, etc, think about automating PC character creation.

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Telarus

I've gotten the Step Table to render nicely, and also include links to roll each Step automatically into the chat window.

I've also coded up the Results Table, which finishes Page 01 of the GM Screen.

Next up is the Characteristics Table (and then coding the character sheet to auto-fill the secondary characteristics)!

Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Telarus

Update.

Stats on the Character Sheet that auto-fill (so far) are;

• Name
  • Token Image
  • Token Type (Player, Adept, Non-Adept, Creature, Unit, etc)
  • Status (tracked by the 'states' function of maptool)
  • Wound Penalty (calculated from # of Wounds, colored red if a penalty exists)
  • Attribute Values (pulled from token)
  • Attribute Steps (converted via a custom StepLookup() function)
  • Attribute Dice (which have clickable links to roll the step dice, also called via a custom function)
  • Karma Step (pulled from token, converted to clickable step die link)
  • Recovery Step (pulled from token, also run thro clickable link macro
  • Recovery Tests / Day (called from Toughness by a custom Lookup() function called on the Characteristics Table)
  • Init Step (called from token, which is set to Dex Step +/- Mods)
  • Carry (auto called from the Characteristics Table)
  • In fact, all of the following are auto called from the Characteristics table: Wound Threshold, Uncon. Rating, Death Rating, Ph/Sp/So Defenses, Mystic Armor

I've also finished coding the Characteristics table, and also the reverse "Characteristics by Step #" table, and the Creature Scaling Table (& Creature scaling Powers chart) from the GM companion.

I've done this so that when I build a Token Builder script, I can choose to edit in either mode: Attribute Value based, or Attribute Step based.

I think that would make it the most user friendly. I also haven't had this much fun with html tables and forms in a long time, LOL.
Telarus, KSC,