News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

What was the last 1/

Started by BadBeast, October 10, 2010, 10:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Last night, I played Minutmen's "Double Nickles on the Dime".

Dysfunctional Cunt

Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet or On Your Knees - was playing this weekend :wink:

I have a lot of my parent's albums.  Heavy on the punk/metal for mom, BOC, Three Dog Night, the Ramones etc.  Dad was a reverse hippie so we have the Beatles, Cat Stevens and the like.

Me, eh well, I have every Aerosmith album, Queen, Pat Benatar...  You can se the 80's pattern right  :lulz:

AFK

When I really got into music, cassettes had become the music media du jour.  Which has probably been one of the worst formats ever.  I would listen to some of my parents records, though, their collection had a lot to be desired.  ABBA, The Bee Gees, some other Disco shit. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 11, 2010, 03:13:25 PM
When I really got into music, cassettes had become the music media du jour.  Which has probably been one of the worst formats ever.  I would listen to some of my parents records, though, their collection had a lot to be desired.  ABBA, The Bee Gees, some other Disco shit. 

My mother, for some unknown reason, adored the Bee Gees.  I didn't keep any of their albums... I just couldn't force myself.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

my dad has a beegees dance techno remix cd in his car to torture me with on long car rides  :x :x :x

E.O.T.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 11, 2010, 03:13:25 PM

I STILL

rock out cassette mixes & other tapes from way back.

TAPES

are a pretty great recording format. players can sometimes be shitty though, which f- tapes up.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have never owned a turntable.

Well, besides that Fisher-Price one I keep seeing floating around the house. I don't even know if it works.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mix tapes.

Man, those were the mating plumage of my youth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BadBeast

But they're from Sheffield! Sheffield don't "do" classic.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

the last yatto

One next to it is not your business ATR
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BadBeast

Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 11, 2010, 02:58:31 PM
Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet or On Your Knees - was playing this weekend :wink:

I have a lot of my parent's albums.  Heavy on the punk/metal for mom, BOC, Three Dog Night, the Ramones etc.  Dad was a reverse hippie so we have the Beatles, Cat Stevens and the like.

Me, eh well, I have every Aerosmith album, Queen, Pat Benatar...  You can se the 80's pattern right  :lulz:
I am baffled as to what kind of thing a "Reverse Hippy" might be. All I could come up with is someone who listens to Mama's and Papa's albums backwards, whilst trying not to choke on donuts. But I bet I'm wrong.  :?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4