News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

CARS THAT DRIVE THEMSELVES

Started by Cramulus, October 20, 2010, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

:lol:  Taken from you?  Like those were ever legal?

Wait, since when does legality hinder you?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 20, 2010, 09:11:26 PM

Wait, since when does legality hinder you?

It's the PRINCIPLE of the thing, Siggie!
Molon Lube

Jasper

Alright, sure.

But even still, there are so many practical issues with illegalizing manual driving that it won't even be on the table until long after I have died of stupendously old age.

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 20, 2010, 09:11:26 PM

Well, they were for Ollie North, who was once found naked and carrying a firearm around a suburban area, IIRC.

I don't think he was even charged, either.

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 20, 2010, 09:26:38 PM
Alright, sure.

But even still, there are so many practical issues with illegalizing manual driving that it won't even be on the table until long after I have died of stupendously old age.

They'll discover age extension, just so you can live to see it.

Triple Zero

Well if it takes banning manual driving, just to invent age extension OUT OF SHEER SPITE just so Sig can live to see it ...

well DAMN.

fuck cars. besides, America already practically banned manual gear transmission don't they? :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 20, 2010, 11:08:54 PM
besides, America already practically banned manual gear transmission don't they? :lol:

:?
what is this in reference to?

Triple Zero

because everybody in America drives automatic. this is well known fact taught in European public schools worldwide.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

slothrop23

the excellent thing about being it being a prius is that the breaks dont work anyway.  so even though you thought you had no control, you have no idea.  and because its google maps you'll crash into a wall miles from your chosen destination.  if you get the choice that is.  i think i'll just walk.
Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan

Eater of Clowns

I'm with Roger on this one.  It would save lives, it would probably intelligently reduce traffic jams (no more rubbernecking fucks, controlled merging, etc), and reduce road rage.  And I would not fucking have it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

There's something in R&D called degenerative breaking. I think it's related.

Adios

Are you fucking kidding?

"Oh, it was just a system crash that led to all those deaths. We 'are looking into it' and a report will be forthcoming."

Whoops. :)