News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Nigel, fuck's sake, we're gonna be RICH!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 28, 2010, 05:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

We need to set up shop as reverse phrenologists.   People tell us how they want to act, and we arrange bumps on their head until their skull is the right shape.

Beats the fuck out of working, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

THIS

IS

GENIUS!

We are made men, Roger. Made men!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 28, 2010, 05:53:42 PM
THIS

IS

GENIUS!

We are made men, Roger. Made men!

It occurred to me that this is why we pay cops and judges and prison guards.

Then I thought, why not get people to PAY for this?  There's one born every minute, but for the first time ever, we can cure them.  Might loose a few of the ones with thinner craniums, but that's a risk I'm willing to take for a shinier America.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 05:59:15 PM
It occurred to me that this is why we pay cops and judges and prison guards.

Then I thought, why not get people to PAY for this?  There's one born every minute, but for the first time ever, we can cure them.  Might loose a few of the ones with thinner craniums, but that's a risk I'm willing to take for a shinier America.

Have your lawyer draft an airtight release form, and we're all set.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

:lulz:  Excellent.  Is there a treatment to make me enjoy blunt force trauma?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:26:24 PM
:lulz:  Excellent.  Is there a treatment to make me enjoy blunt force trauma?

http://subgenius.com

It didn't make me enjoy it, but it made me not care.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 28, 2010, 06:15:09 PM
Have your lawyer draft an airtight release form, and we're all set.

We'll just call it religion.

Bruno

Oh my god. This is the most brilliant thing I have heard all day.

Granted, so far my day has consisted of:

1.) Rolling out of bed
2.) Sitting in this chair
3.) Clicking on this thread

But, to be honest, I don't think anything is going to beat this.
Formerly something else...

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Igor

Retrophrenology is what Pratchett called it in one of the earlier Discworld books.
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Igor on November 28, 2010, 09:11:58 PM
Retrophrenology is what Pratchett called it in one of the earlier Discworld books.

Well, fuck.  It's been done.  :tgrr: