Dead Kennedy driven to suicide by "Fandom Wank" website (not rly)

Started by Cain, October 22, 2010, 04:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This is hilarious

http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/OMG!_Fandom_Wank_Killed_Lovecrafty!

QuoteIn an completely unrelated and otherwise normal Star Trek post in Fandom Wank, an anonymouse commented with a long screed blaming Fandom Wank for the death of her friend.[1] Said mouse claimed to be the RL female friend of a known wanker, and said he committed suicide because all the mean girls in Fandom Wank were so gosh darn mean. And stuff. "She" didn't mention him by name at first, but after a few comments, "she" began to imply it was Lovecrafty [Dead Kennedy]. Transparently. And when asked about it directly, "she" confirmed it.

As wankas are not n00bs to pseuicide nor to Lovecrafty, disbelief was rampant, and the comments were soon filled with good ol' internet detectiving and accusations of sockpuppetry. Of course, it turned out to be a not-very elaborate trolling attempt, since Lovecrafty couldn't resist continuing his idiot arguments even after anonymous commenting was turned off in FW, nor resist identifying himself.[2]

May 20, 2009 - Realizing that nobody was particularly impressed by anything he pulled, and that, more importantly, no one was taking him seriously, the poor misunderstood Lovecrafty went on a spamming spree, trying to reply to every Fandom Wank member that replied to anything he ever said, and then some. First, he tried to prove how he was all superior and how he totally fooled all those mean girls at Fandom Wank. The fact that said mean girls were skeptical of his pseudocide from the get go didn't really bother Lovecrafty because, well, that would be Earth logic. When that didn't impress anybody, he pulled out the ever-popular social experiment excuse. And of course the best way to prove his point was through blatant copy-pasting. Seriously, it's like he wrote five paragraphs and kept reusing them ad nauseum in several combinations. Well, it's either that or he's not nearly as original as he thinks he is.

May 21, 2009 - As the futility of his pleas for attention sank in, Lovecrafty went to sf_drama and lashed out in (arguably) the most dramatic fashion yet. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that he forgot to log out, revealing another one of his socks. He speedily deleted the sock journal in question and left in a huff, swearing to return in two years time. (Lovecrafty's comments are screened because they included real names of the people he hates, but armchairshrink wrote up a decent summary.

More at the linked article, including links to all the posts making up this hilarious drama.

Adios

Adios

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I really wish I could have gotten a picture of his face when he realized that he was face to face with me IRL. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: First City Hustle on October 22, 2010, 05:24:01 PM
I really wish I could have gotten a picture of his face when he realized that he was face to face with me IRL. :lulz:

Did you consider 'assisted' suicide on him?

Cain

Wait, WHAT?  I'm certain I haven't heard this story.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 22, 2010, 05:34:00 PM

Did you consider 'assisted' suicide on him?

Nah, he's just the internets after all.

As for how it happened, well, he is from Pugetopolis, and that is MY town.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

the last yatto

Its kinda epic in that its the first time, a can of pledge worked in scaring someone off
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit