News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

So I wrote a book

Started by Penumbral, October 23, 2010, 03:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

Then I edited it. Then I rewrote most of it. Then I edited it again.
There are still a number of syntax errors and mixed up words but if I try to read the book I can only see what it is suppose to say.

Just thought someone here might know what I should do next. Should I try to find an editor? Should I start pitching it to publishers? I am at a loss where to go next I have been too focused on just writing.

ideas?

Penumbral

Quote from: Liam on October 23, 2010, 07:30:00 AM
Leave it for a while, then go back after a week or two, and tinker with the syntax, and clear up the muddles. It will help if you let it sit, and let yourself cool off for a while.
Its been two months since I have looked at the thing. Still can't personally do anything with it.

As for the next step after than I don't know mate. You could try self publication, but that usualy makes the book printing pretty expensive, you could try amazons digital publishing platform and go the ebook way, you could cut out editors and whatnot entirley and pdf publish for free, you could attempt to send it to as many places for submission as you can once you work the kinks out, try for broke and pitch it to a publisher, or try all of the above.

if you could get a second party to check it out it could help you see some errors you may have missed :D
Thanks, but I would rather just sit on it than self publish.

I have had about ten people read it. They have given some feedback, but they aren't editors.

Is it a very long book? Fiction or fact?

What genere?

It is not a long book. Somewhere over 60,000 words. Its fiction written in first person. Probably would be placed in the literature section if it were in a book store.