News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

New England Spags: HP Lovecraft Walking Tour, Providence, 10/22/10 3pm

Started by Suu, October 04, 2010, 04:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Richter on October 04, 2010, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Princess on October 04, 2010, 09:37:31 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on October 04, 2010, 07:21:03 PM
:argh!: When you said "New England", I thought you meant Australia.

Nope, we're England's religious rejects, you're England's jail.

FFT.

You're confusing all of New England with Plymouth Colony and Massachusetts Bay Colony. Southern New England was colonized by all of the colonists that the original Massholes booted out for not being Puritan enough.

And now we're the first state to recognize gay marriage.

Doktor Blight,
Appreciates the irony behind the colony he lives in.

Because I love that dirty water.... Boston you're my home!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: Lysergic on October 05, 2010, 05:08:21 AM
Quote from: Doktor Princess on October 04, 2010, 09:44:17 PM
Well yeah...but at least we aren't the murderers, rapists, and pedos.

Actually, most of the convicts that got sent to Australia were the pick pockets, food thieves and hanky snatchers.

And then you wonder why your country is as fucked up as it is.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 05, 2010, 06:12:52 AM
Quote from: Richter on October 04, 2010, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Princess on October 04, 2010, 09:37:31 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on October 04, 2010, 07:21:03 PM
:argh!: When you said "New England", I thought you meant Australia.

Nope, we're England's religious rejects, you're England's jail.

FFT.

You're confusing all of New England with Plymouth Colony and Massachusetts Bay Colony. Southern New England was colonized by all of the colonists that the original Massholes booted out for not being Puritan enough.

I was gonna say, Portsmouth, RI is where all the non-puritans with progressive beliefs were sent by the Puritans. Rhode Island was a shipping colony (Portsmouth, Middletown, Jamestown and Newport), and Providence Plantations was the first colony to have total religious freedom, as was founded by Massachusetts Bay exile, Roger Williams. The first Synagogue was built in Providence, as well as the first Baptist Church, which still stands (That pretty white church I always take pics of? That's the 1st Baptist Church in America.) They combined sometime in the late 1600s/early 1700s. Don't know exacts.

This is why up until recently, the Massachusetts Constitution stated that all citizens of Rhode Island caught crossing the border were to be shot on sight.  :x

Rhode Island history is fucking crazy, I haven't done a lot of it yet, but I'm thinking of taking the History of Rhode Island course offered at my school. I like to have a strong knowledge of where I live.  I mean, how many people know of the chaos that was King Phillip's War or that Washington and Rochambeau marched into battle starting in Newport?

...OR THAT THE REVOLUTION STARTED WITH THE ATTACK ON THE HMS GASPEE AND NOT THE BATTLE OF BUNKER (*cough* Breeds...) HILL?!

Fucking Mass...always taking credit for our cool shit.  :argh!:

...I'm done. WOO! LOVECRAFT!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Okay, I can't purchase a fucking ticket.  The site isn't accepting a perfectly valid card and PayPal is making me wait 2-4 days to use its services for some unclear bullshit.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

Alright, attempt number 14 worked.  Now I have a receipt for a ticket, and no info on if the ticket is will call, or any option to print it out, or really anything.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 21, 2010, 11:26:24 PM
Alright, attempt number 14 worked.  Now I have a receipt for a ticket, and no info on if the ticket is will call, or any option to print it out, or really anything.

When you get there, look for the man in the green coat. He will tell you what to do next.

...I honestly don't know. I can't go now because my arm is getting pin cushioned. Richter WILL be there though.

Richter

So:

The walk was great.  highlighted a few places I already new about, and many I didn't.    It wasmore historical about Lovecraft's life / influences, but still well worth it.

Leln and Dfrom fencing arrived early so we hit lunch.  EOC showed up on time at te tour site, and we went out for drinks / snack after.  In the middle of that we got word that the other Suu and others were drinking at the local German club, and went there (After a long detour and some bad navigating on my part.)  General Stuart and I schooled a few folks at darts, riding on beginner's luck.

6 hours of drinking and BS'ing later we all finally rolled home.   
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Eater of Clowns

I need to hand someone else my wallet next time I'm in the presence of German food.  I go into INFINITE SAUSAGES mode.   :sad:

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.