News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Big Gay Catholic GASM

Started by Igor, November 15, 2010, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor

Last March, Father Owen O'Sullivan wrote an article in The Furrow (a "monthly journal for the contemporary Church".)
It was called "On Including Gays" and you can read it here. It basically says that gays are people too, and calling us "objectively disordered" is a bit mean and that claiming to "love the sinner, hate the sin" is a lie.
Nothing that surprising to anyone here, but surprising coming from a Catholic priest.

Anyway, no one read it. Until yesterday, when the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (previously known as The Inquisition) banned Fr O'Sullivan from writing anything for publication ever again, unless it had been approved by them.

Obviously, the Streisand effect kicked in, and now his views are much, much more widely known.

If you want to write to Fr. O'Sullivan to offer encouragement or whatever, his email is: owen_osullivan@yahoo.com
The email of the journal that published his heretical article is: furrow.office@may.ie

Or, if you're feeling particularly masochistic, the email of the Inquisition Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is cdf@cfaith.va
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Whatever

Ummm they can do that?  Really?

I'm not trying to play stupid, I know nothing of how the Catholic Church operates.

Well, other than the glaringly obvious things... no birth control, no sex for their clergy and so on....

Igor

Well, I assume it's on pain of excommunication. Heresy is serious business.
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox