Chinese vending machine provides live crabs for your amusement

Started by Cain, October 25, 2010, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And for eating as well, presumably

From the erotically named Japan Probe website:

QuoteA Japanese reporter in Nanjing shows us a vending machine that sells live Shanghai Hairy Crabs.

The inside of the machine is kept at 5 degrees celsius, a temperature cold enough to make the crabs go into a state of hibernation. A sign states that all the crabs in the machine are fresh: if the crab is dead-on-arrival, they promise to give you three free crabs.

Converted into yen, the prices for the crabs range between 120 and 600 yen (depending on size). By cutting out the cost of store personnel, the seller can offer the crabs at 30% less than the usual price.

The Chinese man who came up with the idea for the vending machine enthusiastically declares that he is ready to consider offers if there is demand for his product in Japan.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABS

Triple Zero

I've heard that in Japan they have vending machines for the weirdest things.

One of the not-so-weird that I remember being told about were machines dispensing a variety of sushi rolls (I remember this because I thought it was a good idea, forgot about the weirder ones).

Also, when we finally figure out how to customize the thread-icons on this board, we need a "Japan", "Florida" and "Germany" icon for this subforum :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

There is an element of irony in the Japanese going "wtf d00d" at what some other country has in their vending machines.  Especially given this.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
There is an element of irony in the Japanese going "wtf d00d" at what some other country has in their vending machines.  Especially given this.

the obvious question is which country will first field vending machines that have panties with crabs?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on October 25, 2010, 07:36:00 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2010, 07:20:38 PM

the obvious question is which country will first field vending machines that have panties with crabs?

I'm really more interested in seeing crabs with panties, frankly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Liam on October 27, 2010, 12:15:29 AM
Your wish is my command!

OH HOLY SHITE. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FLOUNCE WHEN MASTERPIECES LIKE THIS COME ABOUT?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jenne

Whatever

What are you supposed to do with these crabs once you get them?  Are they for eating or like hermit crabs and you keep them as a pet?  It just seems if they are for eating it would be a total pain in the ass to get them one at a time.

I have this mental image of a distressed housewife trying to get enough crabs for dinner putting her quarters into the machine while the kids are running rampant screaming and begging for candy.  :|

Cain

Quote from: Niamh on November 10, 2010, 03:34:31 PM
I have this mental image of a distressed housewife trying to get enough crabs for dinner putting her quarters into the machine while the kids are running rampant screaming and begging for candy.  :|

Somehow I think having more than one kid running around screaming is not a problem in mainland China.

Whatever

Quote from: Subetai on November 10, 2010, 04:25:37 PM
Quote from: Niamh on November 10, 2010, 03:34:31 PM
I have this mental image of a distressed housewife trying to get enough crabs for dinner putting her quarters into the machine while the kids are running rampant screaming and begging for candy.  :|

Somehow I think having more than one kid running around screaming is not a problem in mainland China.

But the original post says Japan, ummmm, ok I know only one kid in China, I was thinking this was in Japan.

Nevermind.

Cain