News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Mutants and Mastermins anyone?

Started by Requia ☣, October 26, 2010, 05:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Does anybody here play the superhero P&P Mutants and Masterminds, and would anyone be interested in playing a game on the forum?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

eighteen buddha strike

I haven't played that game in MANY MANY years... and I might be interested in participating in a game. I have more time for this sort of thing now that I've moved, as opposed to the last time we tried something like this.

I like superhero type games in general, though.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Played a couple games long ago :) Could be fun as a forum game....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Wizard

Haven't played it, but never have been able to. If I could find the time, I would love to get involved.
Insanity we trust.

President Television

I haven't played it either, but like Semaj, I'd like to start.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Requia ☣

Ok so now that we have players is there any chance somebody else wants to run the game?  (I'll run if nobody else wants to, but I rarely get a chance to play instead of run, so I may as well ask).

Kurt Christ

Would we be doing play by post, or in some sort of chat? I might be willing to run it if play by post (there were a few M&M game ideas I had kicking around that I can't find the players for IRL). If it's via chat, or any medium that requires everyone to be online at once, I'd be afraid of being difficult to schedule with.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Phox

I might be interested if it were play by post, though I've never actually played M&M before. It would depend on whether I had time to spare or not.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Vartox on October 28, 2010, 03:41:16 AM
Would we be doing play by post, or in some sort of chat? I might be willing to run it if play by post (there were a few M&M game ideas I had kicking around that I can't find the players for IRL). If it's via chat, or any medium that requires everyone to be online at once, I'd be afraid of being difficult to schedule with.

I was planning on Play by Post, there's no way we'll get everyone to sit down at once, and we don't have enough people to kick 2/3rds out for scheduling reasons (which is what IRC games usually need in my experience).  I'd also suggest that the GM roll all saving throws, automatic notice checks, initiative etc rolls, so we don't get stuck waiting for someone whose not there at the moment when it isn't actually necessary for them to be there.

Requia ☣

What were your ideas?

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 28, 2010, 08:58:12 AM

What were your ideas?
My personal favorites were one set in a wolrd in which superhumans suddenly appeared all at once, fairly recently, with two major power groups of heres forming- one counter-terrorist group sponsored by the United Nations and beholden to world governments, and one group of revolutionaries who waant to use superhuman power to reorganize society. The players start as independent heroes as tensions between the two groups rise in the wake of the suspicious death of a pacifist leader among the revolutionaries. The goal would be to have the groups balanced such that player actions tip the scale one way or the other, and leave it to the PCs to decide who, if either, to side with. Random supervillains would probably be interspersed throughout the game, unrelated to the larger issues, to maintain action while building up tension.

And one in which the players are a group of low-powered, pulpy heroes on a vanguard mission to neutralize Nazi superweapons and superhumans in preparation for the Allied invasion.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Requia ☣

Kurt Christ

Anyone else interested in either idea?

The Wizard

I also like the first idea. I kind of reminds me of Aberrant, a supers game by White Wolf. Should check it out. Anyway, I would suggest that maybe you should add more factions so as to throw some more ambiguity into the mix.
Insanity we trust.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I like the first idea. And I think the ambiguity may be that some of those superheroes aren't gonna go for either faction and try to play the middle. Maybe merc's, maybe anarchs, maybe independents, maybe they want to go find a mountain in Tibet and be left alone...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson