News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

How Discordianism Got Me a Free Cup of Coffee

Started by 0, October 26, 2010, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So anyway,

Today, Doktor Princess and I went to Dunkin' Donuts before I dropped her off at work.

We pulled up to the speaker box doohickey and put in her order, to which I added "Oh yeah, and a small medium regular." A moment of silence passed until the response came over the radio, "I'm sorry, a small regular?"...to which I came back with: "Yeah, small medium regular."  "Please pull up to the window."

We moved up to the window and I paid for our order....sans any coffee for me.

"I'm sorry, we also ordered a small medium?"

"Very sorry, did you say small?"

"Yes."

They came back with a medium regular.

"Did we already charge you for it?"

"Nope."

"Here ya go."

....and that's how I beat the Fratellis and found the treasure of One-Eyed Willy.

Mindfucks get you free shit.

The End.

Elder Iptuous

AFK

Well, it's Dunkin Donuts so I think that's pretty much a given.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

No, we had the nice girls today. A couple of days ago we had the nasty ones.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Android

People tend to act nicest when they've spit in your food or drink.
the artist formerly known as Hoopla

Suu

Quote from: The Android on October 26, 2010, 04:06:17 PM
People tend to act nicest when they've spit in your food or drink.

You know...I've worked in food service for over 10 years, and I've never once spit in food or done anything like what you see in Waiting...there are much more effective and not so health-endangering methods of dealing with the kind of people that deserve it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 26, 2010, 02:47:09 PM
Well, it's Dunkin Donuts so I think that's pretty much a given.

Wow around here the Dunkin's is the best place to go for good service and good food. Of course, its all run by a nice old Indian guy and his Indian friends... which is kinda weird for a doughnut place. However, there's never been curry in my doughnuts or coffee, so I approve.

Also, its the best place in Columbus for breakfast at 2PM.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Well yeah, that's because it didn't originate there. We New Englanders take our Dunks for granted, whether or not we are employee or customer. Some places are really good, but some aren't at all. But since you can't go anywhere in Massachusetts without passing one, I suppose it's an averages game.

Next time I'm in Ohio, I'm going to demand that my friends take me to a Dunks for old times sake. I don't know if there's one in Toledo, but I'll make them take me to one.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Wouldn't have killed them to ask him to clarify either.  "One small cup of coffee, medium cream, regular flavor.  Is that correct?"
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Hanni

There was a man earlier at work who tried something similar... I just charged for everything I think I may have heard- then added 'Twat Tax' on top of that, don't attempt it if the girl looks like she would like to kill someone and it's 4am.

However- I think McDonalds may be worth a try next time I venture outside  :D

Jenne

Dunkins doesn't have the rep out here that it does on the East Coast...we have just as many mom n pop donut places and Yum Yum Donuts as we do Dunkin.  Starbucks drive-thrus...now THOSE we have in SPADES.  And I *have* gotten free coffee from those, because I forgot my wallet, and I had 3 kids in the back of my car.  When I explained to them what happened and I just needed to "drive-thru" without ordering, they insisted on  giving me something for the kids at the very least, without paying.

Twas verra nice.

Hanni

Quote from: Jenne on October 26, 2010, 05:19:52 PM
Dunkins doesn't have the rep out here that it does on the East Coast...we have just as many mom n pop donut places and Yum Yum Donuts as we do Dunkin.  Starbucks drive-thrus...now THOSE we have in SPADES.  And I *have* gotten free coffee from those, because I forgot my wallet, and I had 3 kids in the back of my car.  When I explained to them what happened and I just needed to "drive-thru" without ordering, they insisted on  giving me something for the kids at the very least, without paying.

Twas verra nice.

A driver through starbucks?
A whole new world has just opened up to me.

Jenne

Quote from: Hanni on October 26, 2010, 05:22:26 PM
Dunkins doesn't have the rep out here that it does on the East Coast...we have just as many mom n pop donut places and Yum Yum Donuts as we do Dunkin.  Starbucks drive-thrus...now THOSE we have in SPADES.  And I *have* gotten free coffee from those, because I forgot my wallet, and I had 3 kids in the back of my car.  When I explained to them what happened and I just needed to "drive-thru" without ordering, they insisted on  giving me something for the kids at the very least, without paying.

Twas verra nice.

Many are drive-thrus out here in CA.  Oftentimes we have a drive-thru across the parking lot from one that's in a shopping center.  :|

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Richter on October 26, 2010, 05:05:41 PM
Wouldn't have killed them to ask him to clarify either.  "One small cup of coffee, medium cream, regular flavor.  Is that correct?"

You know, it's odd for me as a Bostonian, since here, regular means exactly what you say with size specification, but if I go in and ask for that I'll go in and say, "I'll have a [size] coffee with cream and sugar." Of course, at Dunks, "with sugar" means 20% of this must be sugar.

In a home or work setting, I always drink black no sugar, but at Dunks (or at Mike's at Forest Hills) I always ask for cream and (inevitably copious amonts of) sugar. Don't know why, but that's just how I do it.

Hanni- you're English. You don't have coffee. Your coffee is crap. Take it from an Irishman who happens to have been born and raised in Real BostonTM. You just can't get real coffee outside of the European mainland. That's one thing Dan Brown got right. I mean fuck, he's a New Englander too.

Badbeast- that's an invite to our usual coffee vs. tea arguments.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Hanni

Quote from: Jenne on October 26, 2010, 05:28:43 PM
Quote from: Hanni on October 26, 2010, 05:22:26 PM
Dunkins doesn't have the rep out here that it does on the East Coast...we have just as many mom n pop donut places and Yum Yum Donuts as we do Dunkin.  Starbucks drive-thrus...now THOSE we have in SPADES.  And I *have* gotten free coffee from those, because I forgot my wallet, and I had 3 kids in the back of my car.  When I explained to them what happened and I just needed to "drive-thru" without ordering, they insisted on  giving me something for the kids at the very least, without paying.

Twas verra nice.

Many are drive-thrus out here in CA.  Oftentimes we have a drive-thru across the parking lot from one that's in a shopping center.  :|

We have a drive thru McDonalds in town- the next nearest drive-thru is about half an hour down the road. To get a 'different' drive thru you have to drive about an hour to the nearest city, and that's only a KFC

I have honestly never seen any drivethru besides those two... Though Lincolnshire has been left back in the 1800s so I should be grateful for even them really.

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 26, 2010, 05:32:50 PM
Quote from: Richter on October 26, 2010, 05:05:41 PM
Wouldn't have killed them to ask him to clarify either.  "One small cup of coffee, medium cream, regular flavor.  Is that correct?"

You know, it's odd for me as a Bostonian, since here, regular means exactly what you say with size specification, but if I go in and ask for that I'll go in and say, "I'll have a [size] coffee with cream and sugar." Of course, at Dunks, "with sugar" means 20% of this must be sugar.

In a home or work setting, I always drink black no sugar, but at Dunks (or at Mike's at Forest Hills) I always ask for cream and (inevitably copious amonts of) sugar. Don't know why, but that's just how I do it.

Hanni- you're English. You don't have coffee. Your coffee is crap. Take it from an Irishman who happens to have been born and raised in Real BostonTM. You just can't get real coffee outside of the European mainland. That's one thing Dan Brown got right. I mean fuck, he's a New Englander too.

Badbeast- that's an invite to our usual coffee vs. tea arguments.

I don't like coffee- English tea kicks ass though. Can't beat it with just a little bit of milk.