News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

How Discordianism Got Me a Free Cup of Coffee

Started by 0, October 26, 2010, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: 1st Church of Suu, Princess. on October 26, 2010, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 26, 2010, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: 1st Church of Suu, Princess. on October 26, 2010, 07:24:41 PM
Nothing actually happened in Boston. They stole all the ideas from the crazy non-Puritan and drunk Providence Plantationers.

Fuck you you Southern piece of shit!  :lulz:

PROVE ME WRONG.

...Bunker Hill my ass...You can't even get your fucking hills right.

Hey, that's my community college you're talking about, and yes, I know all about it being at Breed's Hill. Not my fault if the regulars cant get their maps right.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 26, 2010, 07:52:13 PM
I prefer tea to coffee (and I do know good tea, dammit!) but my boyfriend likes coffee and, as a result, every morning wakes me up to the horrific noise of the coffee grinder whirring. :|

I'm so glad the coffee grinder I got for my birthday doesn't make an awful lot of noise :)

Cause that might have really put me off using it for our morning coffee. Is no fun. Waking up should be by the coffee, not the coffee grinder :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2010, 11:18:51 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 26, 2010, 07:52:13 PM
I prefer tea to coffee (and I do know good tea, dammit!) but my boyfriend likes coffee and, as a result, every morning wakes me up to the horrific noise of the coffee grinder whirring. :|

I'm so glad the coffee grinder I got for my birthday doesn't make an awful lot of noise :)

Cause that might have really put me off using it for our morning coffee. Is no fun. Waking up should be by the coffee, not the coffee grinder :)

I will admit, that buying whole coffee beans and grinding them on your own tastes better than buying preground, but that preground is still better than instant.

Boston,
-A no-stir zone

To bring this thread back on track:

Has anybody used their mindfuck abilities to get freebies?

Nephew Twiddleton

My friends in Southie (South Boston to non-New Englanders. Don't go there. It's boring and filled with Irish-Americans) in high school used to order 2 cheeseburgers from the Burger King on Broadway, and when they got the 2 burgers, said, "Hey, I ordered 3." The people at BK would never question it or look at their receipts. They just gave them that extra third burger. That could be considered O:MF, but they never knew of the concept.

Quote from: Liam on October 26, 2010, 11:42:25 PM
QuoteI like turnips.

Baldrick, is that YUO?

QuoteHas anybody used their mindfuck abilities to get freebies?

No, never. I'm not sure any of mine would translate into a way of netting free things to be honest.

1: Nope.
2: It works...happened this morning.

I like to think of my newly discovered skill as being verbal subterfuge. When we got to the window, the young woman looked like a deer in headlights.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 26, 2010, 11:58:43 PM
I like to think of my newly discovered skill as being verbal subterfuge. When we got to the window, the young woman looked like a deer in headlights.

I hope she didn't get dinged for it.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 12:19:38 AM

Think of it as survival of the fittest. If she can't separate nonsense from cold, hard shenanigans then the herd needs to be thinned.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Liam on October 26, 2010, 11:47:49 PM
Quote2: It works...happened this morning.

Cool.

As I said, I'm rather sure none of my would translate. You must be a quick talker, and a linguistic trickster. I'm more of a poster / flyer / strange object / hidden art  / planted information type of mindfucker. I've just not got the front to do in person ones.

Uhm you were the most in-your-face up-front Discordian evangelizer of the entire group at the Day of Discord in Edinburgh a few years back, man!!

I forgot where it was, somewhere like an inner court square place kind of outside building thingy, events were happening, stands had been erected for people selling fuck-if-i-remember-what and you were RUNNING AROUND PRESSING FLYERS IN EVERYBODY'S FACE AND TALKING THE FAST BULLSHIT TALK LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW (AND THERE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN--NOT FOR THEM--IF YOU HADNT CONVERTED THEM TO YOUR CHURCH OF PSYONETIKS). Seriously, though, that rocked. Plus it was an inspiration to the rest of the group. Having that energy around pushed everybody to get more active, we didn't have as much of that in the years following (though the last edition we did alright, IMO). Example, I remember something vaguely about spouting bullshit to an Asian-looking lady who was trying to post a postcard, I think I was trying to tell her it was holy because I just sanctified it, and she should savour this moment and then I think I told her a very short version of the Eris and Apple of Discord story and then she was all like "okay, so I can put my card in here, right?" -- I like to think I really got through to her.

I dunno how it would get you free stuff, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess we all have to derive a sense of power and competence from something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 27, 2010, 12:49:41 AM

Think of it as survival of the fittest. If she can't separate nonsense from cold, hard shenanigans then the herd needs to be thinned.

So, how do you feel about "dine and dash"?

Because, frankly, I don't see any difference.

Hangshai redux.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 01:19:01 AM
Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 27, 2010, 12:49:41 AM

So, how do you feel about "dine and dash"?

Because, frankly, I don't see any difference.

Hangshai redux.

I NEVER, EVER dodge a bill, and I ALWAYS tip well.

Could probably chalk this up to first time dumb luck.
:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But it's totally awesome to give girls who work at crappy fast food places a hard time.  :thumb:

I mean, it's not like people who work fast food are really people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."