News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

MailGASM v2.0

Started by Cainad (dec.), October 28, 2010, 02:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Sjaako

I've still got to mail one person, then I've mailed everyone whose address I've got (except for the one address that is now invalid).

It's not that much work once you've got the stamps and envelopes.

Chairman Risus

el sjaako

That's your address on the WHYFLOSS letter?

Cordially,
Risus
Eminent Commander of the BandarLog Battalion

Golden Applesauce

FUCK.

Am several months late.

in an ideal world I get this together soon, but my life is kind of crazy now....
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

El Sjaako

Risus: Yes. It should also be on the back of the envelope (unless I forgot).

I have now actually posted a letter to everyone involved, except Golden Applesauce, whose address I don't have.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I didn't get a damn thing from anyone.

Scratch that, just got an awesome letter from El Sjaako.

8)

I have a package all ready to go out on Monday, and I'm writing the letter right now.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mailed out el sjaako's letter the other day.

For some reason I thought this was supposed to occur in a chain-mail kind of fashion: Spag A —> Spag B —> Spag C —> Spag D —> Spag E

But since I've been snubbed and have your addresses, I think I know just what to do....

El Sjaako

Excellent! judging from how long your letter took to arive it should take about 5 days to arrive.

This whole thing was kind of unstructured. I would like to set up a more structured mail project sometime, but up to now I haven't done much more than register abnormail.org :P.

I think it might be better to set it up like a mail art project , where everyone is expected to mail something by a certain deadline. Everyone sends something, and everyone gets something back. I also thought it would be a good idea to have everyone send their stuff to a central address also, so we can use it to output a holy document or intermittens or something.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 30, 2011, 07:48:27 PM

For some reason I thought this was supposed to occur in a chain-mail kind of fashion: Spag A —> Spag B —> Spag C —> Spag D —> Spag E

But since I've been snubbed and have your addresses, I think I know just what to do....

I think that was what I wanted to do originally, but it was taking too long to dicker out precise details of WTF we wanted to do with this idea, so I sent 4 letters to the first 4 spags to give me their addresses and threw careful planning to the wind.

Quote from: Cainad on March 30, 2011, 08:50:21 PM
Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 30, 2011, 07:48:27 PM

I think that was what I wanted to do originally, but it was taking too long to dicker out precise details of WTF we wanted to do with this idea, so I sent 4 letters to the first 4 spags to give me their addresses and threw careful planning to the wind.

Hmmmm:

Quote from: Cainad on November 06, 2010, 09:43:34 PM
Make that 5 brave souls who consider me not to be a dangerous threat to their well-being.

Quote from: el sjaako on March 30, 2011, 08:15:22 PM
Excellent! judging from how long your letter took to arive it should take about 5 days to arrive.

This whole thing was kind of unstructured. I would like to set up a more structured mail project sometime, but up to now I haven't done much more than register abnormail.org :P.

I think it might be better to set it up like a mail art project , where everyone is expected to mail something by a certain deadline. Everyone sends something, and everyone gets something back. I also thought it would be a good idea to have everyone send their stuff to a central address also, so we can use it to output a holy document or intermittens or something.

I like it.

I think it would also be interesting to have a WOMP that each person adds to and then mails to the next, or something like that.

What sort of stuff would be dumped into this central repository thing? Not the letters, right? That would be weird.

El Sjaako

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 30, 2011, 09:00:31 PM
What sort of stuff would be dumped into this central repository thing? Not the letters, right? That would be weird.

You know, I'm not completely sure. According to Kerry Thornley there was not really a central thing.

Quote from: Kerry Thornley
What is so unusual about Discordian Abnormail - as we call it - is decentralization. Don't contact me here at Orthodox Discordian Society Hindquarters. Send your letters, notes, relics, sacraments and writs of excommunication to one another.

But according to DrJon (an semi-old school Discordian):

Quote from: drjon
Abnormail was a kind of Central Sorting. The best pieces were redistributed to the Mailing List. Greg and Kerry set it up to keep themselves abreast of how Discordianism was evolving, and to make and remain in contact with new Discordians. Of course, it was also the boiling pot for Jakes...

What I was imagining was something like a big letter exchange (Ideally on a regular basis, like 5 times a year, but first just try and see if it works). In this letter exchange you are expected to write some kind of thing, like I wrote you something about Jack & Jill and about a Discordian confirmation. It could also be a poem, or a drawing, or a photo. That would be what you send to central sorting.

You also send it to someone else, possibly with a letter (I wouldn't dare expect everyone to write letters as long as I did, but then again I didn't plan to write letters as long as I did. They just sort of grow...) These letters could be in character (like RAW's letter on p72 of the Principia Discordia), or not.

Then  we have an end product (the intermittens or whatever) and everyone involved has a chance to reply, and thus start some kind of correspondence. I don't know why, but to me Discordianism by mail is more interesting/romantic/desirable than Discordianism over Internet.

If I do this, I would want to advertise it more widely. Not just a post on a forum that most people can't even get to (I'm not really sure how I found it, I don't think I'm supposed to be here with less than 50 posts. I can access GASM command, but not Operation Mindfuck). At the very least I'd post it to somewhere public on the three forums and on the facebook group.

Telarus

You probably tried to peek in on OM before you posted once. It takes one post to make it visible.

I love the idea of rebooting Abnormail. Watching with interest.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

El Sjaako

I just got a letter from NET. It is awesome and yellow and includes stickers.

I will send another letter back shortly.

Chairman Risus

I'll return mail as soon as I get a lull in school work.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Risus on April 17, 2011, 09:22:27 PM
I'll return mail as soon as I get a lull in school work.

Sorry for the delay. Life and accomplices got a little more hectic than I expected. Will be mailing soon. PM addresses if you want one and havent sent me it already.