News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

"Sexual harassment dice" - new school discipline tool?

Started by Cain, October 30, 2010, 02:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Well they were, in at least one Japanese school classroom.  From the ever reliable Japan Probe:

QuoteThe 59-year-old teacher at Ogi Elementary School in Iruma, Saitama Prefecture, apparently had three dice, one with sides marked with the words "hug" and " forgiven," another marked with "kiss," "snot" and "forgiven" among others, and the third marked with "snot" and "forgiven." Students who forgot to bring something to class were forced to roll one of the dice. The teacher has apparently admitted to kissing one boy and acting as if he would put snot on one girl. He nicknamed the dice the "sexual harassment dice."

"I made the dice while playing with the children. The first two dice were for boys, and the third was for girls," the teacher has told the Iruma Municipal Board of Education. "I apologize deeply for my complacent teaching method."

Elder Iptuous

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I like to think that if an American teacher tried that, not only would the kids not comply, they would eat him alive.  And get medals for it.

Faust

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 30, 2010, 06:09:07 PM
I like to think that if an American teacher tried that, not only would the kids not comply, they would eat him alive.  And get medals for it.

Thats probably what he meant by complacent. Little Timmy brings a knife to class and all he gets is a kiss from a creepy old man.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jasper

Or a booger on the forehead. 

Christ, what an asshole.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jasper

Faust

~News just in: In a bizarre new twist on the horror that is school yard shootings.....
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Jenne

Good god that is weird.  And I wonder why he thought this was a great way to conduct a class.  Bizarre.  People are bizarre.

Cain

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson