You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

A Short History, part 5 of 5

Started by Doktor Howl, November 01, 2010, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on November 01, 2010, 06:44:02 PM
Apparently I missed this series, so based on this one I went back and read them all!

This, to me, is literature at it's finest.

Thank you, Siggy...You DID read "A Brief Explanation, parts 1-5, right?  If not, when you have time...But remember to read them in order.

I did, and I still flail my arms as though I were Kermit at the mere thought of it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 01, 2010, 06:48:30 PM
Apparently I missed this series, so based on this one I went back and read them all!

Thank you, Siggy...You DID read "A Brief Explanation, parts 1-5, right?  If not, when you have time...But remember to read them in order.

I did, and I still flail my arms as though I were Kermit at the mere thought of it.

You will allow Doktor Howl his little joke.  :lol:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on November 01, 2010, 06:45:34 PM

So it's a good lesson - care about shit that's fun, fuck the shit that isn't fun.

Champagne for my real friends - real pain for my sham friends.

This.  And that.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

:mittens:

I was waiting to pass judgment on this series, because as much as I always enjoy your writing I was hoping that this one would end with a sense of optimism.

East German Judge gave this series a 10/10 and didn't even require his usual bribe of a case of 2-ply toilet paper and a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 01, 2010, 06:54:00 PM
:mittens:

I was waiting to pass judgment on this series, because as much as I always enjoy your writing I was hoping that this one would end with a sense of optimism.

East German Judge gave this series a 10/10 and didn't even require his usual bribe of a case of 2-ply toilet paper and a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.

I never know how these things are going to end until it happens.

Well, this one, anyway.  I had the shaggy dog story in the last series in mind from the get go.
Molon Lube

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Khara on November 01, 2010, 05:44:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2010, 05:23:16 PM
  It is rather a pity that so few kings are as wise and decisive as Old King Cram, because the world - and we ourselves - would be happier if more kings realized that not every concern is worthy of a king's attention.

:mittens: for the entire OP!

That one line though.  Pure gold and it is a shame it's not required to be memorized and practiced by every politician whether royal or not!!!!

^also this^

I loved reading these last two series..es...
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2010, 06:53:21 PM

Thank you, Siggy...You DID read "A Brief Explanation, parts 1-5, right?  If not, when you have time...But remember to read them in order.

You will allow Doktor Howl his little joke.  :lol:

:argh!:, a thousand times :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 01, 2010, 07:45:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2010, 06:53:21 PM

Thank you, Siggy...You DID read "A Brief Explanation, parts 1-5, right?  If not, when you have time...But remember to read them in order.

You will allow Doktor Howl his little joke.  :lol:

:argh!:, a thousand times :argh!:

Could be worse.  You could be me, gritting my teeth in ancipation of Penumbral showing up and spagging my thread with lyrics by some dead rapper named Eyedea.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Agent Rhizome on November 01, 2010, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Khara on November 01, 2010, 05:44:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2010, 05:23:16 PM
  It is rather a pity that so few kings are as wise and decisive as Old King Cram, because the world - and we ourselves - would be happier if more kings realized that not every concern is worthy of a king's attention.

:mittens: for the entire OP!

That one line though.  Pure gold and it is a shame it's not required to be memorized and practiced by every politician whether royal or not!!!!

^also this^

I loved reading these last two series..es...

Thanks.  It's been a useful exercise to keep me writing.  I'll probably do one more 5 part series, and then find a new gimmick.
Molon Lube

Cuddlefish

MiTTenS!

Tho, I somehow... missed parts 2-4...

*goes digging*
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Eater of Clowns

Enjoyed the series, Dok, specifically this one and the one featuring Enabler, Freeky, and TGG.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.