News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

God bless America!

Started by Requia ☣, November 02, 2010, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 03, 2010, 05:10:10 PM
It should also be pointed out that, given the past 4 years, "solid blue" is in no way indictative of a good result.

Solid "no-one voted, except 10 people who did a write-in ballot for Lady Gaga as a joke, now she is a Senator" is the only possible good result.  Especially if she ends up forming a majority.

Oh, I know. It's just more indicative of Bay Staters' political attitudes. Our Republicans are usually just all about the money aspect, since social conservativism makes us uncomfortable as a rule (prime example, former Republican Governor Weld was instrumental in setting up Boston's annual Youth Pride March). We also like that which is familiar and we tend to vote in incumbents or new candidates associated with incumbents. The Tea Party movement basically killed any hope for a Republican win here. It looked like crazy people were hijacking the party nationwide and there was no way we were going to let them have any more power than they were going to get from other states.

At least, that's my take on what happened.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Ah, fair enough.  Yeah, the East Coast Republicans for the most part seem sensible, if disagreeable in their economics (well, disagreeable to me, as I'm not rich).  And I would expect the NY-23 results to hold for pretty much most of the area, if the Tea Partier's attempted to challenge as third party candidates or run in the primaries.

Juana

Quote from: Hover Cat on November 03, 2010, 03:59:53 PM
Quote from: Suu Cool for School. on November 03, 2010, 03:31:13 PM
Is Rhode Island the only state where something went RIGHT?!

I think we're gonna be a bit bluer. Brown looks like he'll win. Boxer is STILL neck and neck - 47% to 47% - with iCarly with 25% of the precincts in, however, so we shall see.
97% of precincts in. Boxer and Brown. iCarly and Whitman have lost.

The local talk radio stations are whining already.  :lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hover Cat on November 03, 2010, 05:44:05 PM

I think we're gonna be a bit bluer. Brown looks like he'll win. Boxer is STILL neck and neck - 47% to 47% - with iCarly with 25% of the precincts in, however, so we shall see.

Any particularly good whimpering?
Molon Lube

AFK

This really has been a craptacular day. 

It's kind of like I want to just skip the laughing part and go right to the screaming blood. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 03, 2010, 08:29:05 PM

It's kind of like I want to just skip the laughing part and go right to the screaming blood. 

You're just looking at this all wrong, RWHN.
Molon Lube

Juana

^ This.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 03, 2010, 05:44:52 PM
Quote from: Hover Cat on November 03, 2010, 05:44:05 PM

Any particularly good whimpering?
I only caught half a sentence before I changed the radio station. But what I caught sounded pouty, hurt, and like he was gonna cry when he said "Democrats".
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Some of those are technically incorrect.  Guantanamo hasn't closed and he may have "ended" the torture program, but he hasn't shut down the black sites, practice of extraordinary rendition or prosecuted those guilty of doing such things.  It also fails to mention the other things he has done, like increase immigration deportations (widely recognized as an inefficient and corrupt system) and reduce funding for abortion.  You know, things liberals supposedly cared about, at least  when Bush was in office and they could pick off some Latino and female voters.

Basically, naive white liberals guys baaawing that not everyone recognizes the true genius of Obama.

Cramulus

"what has he done?" is a valid question

these are some valid answers

I don't fault the site for not mentioning increased immigration deportations, as its point is to shut up right wingers who think he's been on vacation except for bailing out banks and socializing healthcare.

I mean the guy has been a huge disappointment so far, but it's not like he's been completely idle.

Jenne

FUCK my state and its choices on propositions.  Selfish fucks.

But least Meg and Carly lost.

Not that I think Boxhead and Ol' Uncle Tom Jerry are improvements.  More like the devils ye know...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on November 03, 2010, 10:08:10 PM
"what has he done?" is a valid question

these are some valid answers

He begged the courts to put a stay on the DADT decision.

So, yeah, he's done something.
Molon Lube

Kai

I second the OP. Fuck this country.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/03/blue-dog-coalition-gop-wave-elections_n_778087.html

QuoteBlue Dog Coalition Crushed By GOP Wave Election

Tuesday was a tough night for Democrats, as they watched Republicans win enough seats to take back the House in the next Congress and began to ponder life under a likely House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). But one group hit especially hard was the Blue Dog Coalition, with half of its members losing their seats.

According to an analysis by The Huffington Post, 23 of the 46 Blue Dogs up for re-election went down on Tuesday. Notable losses included Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-S.D.), the coalition's co-chair for administration, and Rep. Baron Hill (D-Ind.), the co-chair for policy. Two members were running for higher office (both lost), three were retiring and three races were still too close to call.

The Blue Dogs, a coalition of moderate to conservative Democrats in the House, have consistently frustrated their more progressive colleagues and activists within the party . . . .

So yeah. 

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 03, 2010, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 03, 2010, 08:29:05 PM

You're just looking at this all wrong, RWHN.

Point!

Do you have any extra gasoline?  Might as well speed this fucker up. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.