News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm fortunate enough to have access to 5 gallon kegs (working in the bar). Figuring out how to clean them out and fill them with our stuff should be interesting.
Yes I know there's a deposit and you have to give them back, but they never say when.

Freeky

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 09, 2010, 05:55:09 AM
Quote from: Suu Cool for School. on November 08, 2010, 09:52:31 PM
Am I crazy for not wanting carbonated beer?

You usually drink it flat??

Not FLAT, but not overly Coors Light fizzy. Usually the natural carbonation that occurs during the fermentation process is enough for me if you let the bottles age enough, and for something like a stout I'd prefer nitro over CO2 anyway, but I have no idea on how to nitro-gas beer. I'm assuming it would be a forced process like how you force-carb a keg.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yeah nitro is like that. And much better with a stout I agree. But can't be done with bottling.
Most beers are given a priming sugar right before bottling to kick the yeast back into action to create some gas for carbonating. (i'm sure you know that)

Also I've never had a Coors light. I think I have to try this.... for science.

Choptop

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 10, 2010, 04:27:19 PM
Also I've never had a Coors light. I think I have to try this.... for science.

No.  No you don't.  It's not worth it man, it's just... not... worth it.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Coors Light = any other mass-produced light beer.  You're not missing anything.

Sir Squid Diddimus

LOL I'm sure it's just as bad as any other.
The thing I won't try is that chelada stuff. NO.

Richter

It's a fizzy water drink with bits of alcohol and carbs, made to consume when outside fishign for long periods of time.  That's about it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

I shook one of those stouts. (oh yeah, I had to)
It's fizzy!!
I'm gonna pretend like they're done and drink one this weekend. Full report to follow.

Choptop

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 10, 2010, 04:56:45 PM

I tried one when they first came out.  Just had to.  One sip, rest down the drain.  The only thing worse I can think of are those energy drinks that had Steven Seagal's face on them.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

Jenne

CHELADA IS GOOD!  ME LIKEY~!

And I make my own, anyway.  Homemade cheladas at the bars are great, too.  Every bar has their own recipe.

Jenne

Quote from: Choptop on November 10, 2010, 07:53:08 PM

I tried one when they first came out.  Just had to.  One sip, rest down the drain.  The only thing worse I can think of are those energy drinks that had Steven Seagal's face on them.

You can't go on the first sip of ANYTHING if you like it, sorry.  Tastebuds have to accommodate to the alcohol first.  First step in wine tasting passed looking at it in the light for the color and clarity and then the texture is TASTE then TASTE AGAIN.

Anyway, it's "acquired" anyway.  I thought it was hella gross just thinking about it at first.  But "bloody beer" has been around for ages in the South.

Suu

To quote the menu at The Abbey in Providence:

"Coors Light: Take any flavor that Bud Light may have had out and you have a Coors Light."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

So we couldn't wait and busted into a bottle of this stout.
Already it keeps a little froth when swished, like a good stout should.
It's well balanced, not too hoppy, not too malty or bitter.

This shit is gonna be really good in a year or 6 months. As it is it's really smooth and drinkable. Surprisingly good for as young as it is.
It measured at 9.99%

ehem...

w00t.