News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Today we are brewing:

Bell's Two Hearted IPA clone
and

A belgian double with strawberries and a saison yeast.

Mmmmmmm. Smells good in here.
(both of these are all grain, no malt extracts)

Richter

My "Not so good" cider has really improved after 2-3 months bottled in the fridge.  Some of the water has frozen off too, and it's tasting like a lighter Strongbow without the aftertaste.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 16, 2011, 11:12:02 PM
Today we are brewing:

and

Cool.  I'll be really interested to know how that strawberry double turns out.

Quote from: Richter on January 19, 2011, 06:40:10 PM
My "Not so good" cider has really improved after 2-3 months bottled in the fridge.  Some of the water has frozen off too, and it's tasting like a lighter Strongbow without the aftertaste.
Glad to hear it's improving.  It will probably be excellent by the time you get to your last bottle.

This weekend, I plan on brewing a rye wine and a foreign extra stout.  I have some chipotles soaking in a pint of Kaluha right now, and I dumping the whole mess into the stout when it goes into secondary.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on January 19, 2011, 07:13:47 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 16, 2011, 11:12:02 PM
Today we are brewing:

and

Cool.  I'll be really interested to know how that strawberry double turns out.

Quote from: Richter on January 19, 2011, 06:40:10 PM
Glad to hear it's improving.  It will probably be excellent by the time you get to your last bottle.

This weekend, I plan on brewing a rye wine and a foreign extra stout.  I have some chipotles soaking in a pint of Kaluha right now, and I dumping the whole mess into the stout when it goes into secondary.
:golfclap:

Jenne

Shitballs, Zappathruster--chilis in KAHLUA?  I think I just got wet.

Dammit.  I never have a clear path to a timeframe I can gather shit together and just MAKE this stuff.  Bah.  I have to rectify this.  Immediately.

...after this weekend, of course.  Ugh.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Jenne on January 22, 2011, 06:13:02 AM
Shitballs, Zappathruster--chilis in KAHLUA?  I think I just got wet.
:D

It has been soaking for about a week.  I opened the jar to check on it, and it smells awesome.  I could strain it and drink it straight up.

I brewed the beer yesterday, so it will soak for another two weeks or so before it goes into the beer, if I can stay out of it.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Richter

DAMN  :mrgreen:

Also, started my next batch of liqeur.  Use dried habeneros this time, and I've got ghost chilis for the next batch.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Luna

Frighteningly enough, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results of the ghost chili experiment.

I gotta get supplies for my first brewing project and get it rolling.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

The last time I ate ghost chile/bhut jolokia. I got a nosebleed.

We do this shit for science.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

We just bottled our IPA on Sunday.
By this Saturday it should be ready to drink.
We're bringing a 22oz up north with us.

It's a Bell's Two Hearted ale clone. Only real difference as far as I can tell is we didn't propagate their yeast and used american ale II yeast.

The belgian needed a little help since it's too cold for the saison yeast, so after a week we added a trappist yeast. By this weekend it should be ready for the secondary where we'll then add strawberries.
The blueberry pomegranate hooch is almost clear, so I'll probably bottle that this weekend too.
(this shit is going to be strong)
The limeade is still bubbling away.

Suu

I need to find a Sam's or BJ's where I can buy a palette of limeade for this venture. I need to make at least 5 gallons.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Suu on February 01, 2011, 04:55:48 PM
The last time I ate ghost chile/bhut jolokia. I got a nosebleed.

We do this shit for science.

"Faelen's: How do I Destroyed Life?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on February 01, 2011, 07:47:29 PM
I need to find a Sam's or BJ's where I can buy a palette of limeade for this venture. I need to make at least 5 gallons.

We used frozen concentrate by minute maid, no chemical preservatives.
Ten cans makes 5 gallons.

Here:
10 cans frozen limeade
4 gallons boiled water
2 lbs sugar
1 pack champagne yeast