Nicaraguan troops accidentally invade Costa Rica - Blame Google Maps

Started by Rumckle, November 08, 2010, 01:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-maps-error-sparks-international-conflict-20101108-17jl3.html

QuoteA Google Maps error is being blamed for Nicaraguan troops accidentally invading Costa Rica last week.

The troops have been accused of crossing the hotly disputed Nicaragua border into Costa Rica and setting up camp for the night after taking down a Costa Rican flag and raising the Nicaraguan flag.

But their commander, Eden Pastora, told Costa Rica's largest newspaper, La Nacion, that Google Maps was used to justify the incursion. Nicaraguan government officials have also blamed a "bug in Google" for the error.

:lulz:
This sounds too much like an Onion article.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Precious Moments Zalgo

I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Persona Facade

This is just too hard to swallow. Well their Central American incompetence is on full display; what type of nation relies on google maps for military intelligence and international border disputes?
I wonder what will happen to the poor soul who was in command of those soldiers that day.
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-George Bush