News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.

Started by LMNO, November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Eater of Clowns

Roger, should we take that as admitting you're the Discordian, or do you have some other reason to suspect them?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 24, 2010, 05:22:08 PM

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

If he's wrong about the first one and we get him for it, isn't that effectively punishing him for guessing wrong on a 50/50 and putting his neck out there to help?

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Well, yeah.  There's nothing to say he's not a spider again, posing as the discordian.

ETA:  I should add that I don't anticipate that, it's just my interpretation of what my game theory knowledge is telling me.  Anyone with better should tell me so I can be less dumb.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 24, 2010, 05:22:08 PM

That's my plan anyway.

I was given two names, and guessed Coyote, because he's a shifty bastard.  It could also be A Villager.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 24, 2010, 05:28:43 PM
Well, yeah.  There's nothing to say he's not a spider again, posing as the discordian.

ETA:  I should add that I don't anticipate that, it's just my interpretation of what my game theory knowledge is telling me.  Anyone with better should tell me so I can be less dumb.

So, fuck it, put me on the bus now.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Jasper

I'm just SAYIN.

Look at it from my perspective.  Someone says they're the discordian and they have valuable intel, but can't prove any of it until after we've bussed some people.  I'm willing to suppose that you're probably legitimate, but if one of your guesses is wrong, I have to adjust for the possibility it's a spider gambit.

Are you suggesting we try both?  By then a spider will have eaten you if you're right, and we'll know by then.

Whatever

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 24, 2010, 05:36:09 PM
I'm just SAYIN.

Look at it from my perspective.  Someone says they're the discordian and they have valuable intel, but can't prove any of it until after we've bussed some people.  I'm willing to suppose that you're probably legitimate, but if one of your guesses is wrong, I have to adjust for the possibility it's a spider gambit.

Are you suggesting we try both?  By then a spider will have eaten you if you're right, and we'll know by then.

Or you could be the spider trying to throw the Discordian under the bus before they can form a cabal while you are desperately trying to build the machine....

I'm just sayin....   :lulz:

Oh and I vote Coyote!!

Coyote - 4

Jasper

That is possible as well.  And YOU could be a spider trying to mask yourself by suggesting-

and so on until nothing makes sense ever again.  Isn't recursion lovely. :lol:

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Jasper

You know that ploy has never once worked, right? 

I DEMAND MORE SOPHISTICATED MANIPULATIONS, DAMN IT ALL!!  :argh!: