News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.

Started by LMNO, November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Incidentally, I am a dead motherfucker.   :lulz:

Also, nobody got subsumed, and Remmy didn't post.  Just saying. (Of course, nobody got converted, either).

TGRR,
Spider chow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 06:29:56 PM
Incidentally, I am a dead motherfucker.   :lulz:

Also, nobody got subsumed, and Remmy didn't post.  Just saying. (Of course, nobody got converted, either).

TGRR,
Spider chow.

Well, the good thing is is that you still have a 50% chance of not getting subsumed, and it might be risky for the spider to try to go at you again, seeing as how there is one spider left and two Discordians, and it being accomplished in the second round.  I'm just as likely to get subsumed for blocking the Machine.

It is interesting that Rem didn't post. I'll have to go back and look to see who else is suspect. If I recall, 4 people didn't switch their votes from Coyote.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Jasper

Hmm.  It probably is Remington, but I don't think we should bus him. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 07:22:36 PM
Hmm.  It probably is Remington, but I don't think we should bus him. 

Due to not knowing for sure?

Jasper

Due to it would make for a boring win.

Yes, I am suggesting we TOY with the spiders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 07:26:37 PM

:hosrie:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

Also, if I'm honest, I was kinda rooting for them.  They're really the underdogs.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 07:57:21 PM
Also, if I'm honest, I was kinda rooting for them.  They're really the underdogs.

Yeah, last game was kinda hard, but even then they lost.

Jasper

We only made one real mistake.  That's all it took.  The rest was bad luck.

Note:  Yes I am a sore loser.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 24, 2010, 05:22:08 PM
To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

I think we should bus Siggie, for suggesting that being wrong on a 50-50 split means you vote the discordian off before the other option.  The math doesn't suggest that, and he knows it.

I think Siggie is the spider.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 07:26:37 PM

Good point. I think part of this is not having the full amount of people playing.

And, of course, my girlfriend being a spider.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:02:43 PM
I think we should bus Siggie, for suggesting that being wrong on a 50-50 split means you vote the discordian off before the other option.  The math doesn't suggest that, and he knows it.

I think Siggie is the spider.

Hmmm....

Jasper

I didn't know much at all when I said that.  Hypothetically, if I was a spider it would be to my advantage to sacrifice another spider to "prove" I was the discordian.  It is a sophisticated lie, but it would be effective if used.  That's all I was thinking, even though that kind of thing isn't Roger's usual M.O.

But maybe I am the spider.  You don't know.  All you know is that A Villager was, and Remington probably is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 08:13:50 PM
I didn't know much at all when I said that.  Hypothetically, if I was a spider it would be to my advantage to sacrifice another spider to "prove" I was the discordian.  It is a sophisticated lie, but it would be effective if used.  That's all I was thinking, even though that kind of thing isn't Roger's usual M.O.

But maybe I am the spider.  You don't know.  All you know is that A Villager was, and Remington probably is.

Actually, in a game this small, there is precisely zero advantage in the spiders sacrificing one another, especially if no other information is available about a spider.

Also, it occurs to me that LMNO didn't say "the spider didn't attack", he said "nobody was subsumed", so while Remmy may be on thin ice, he's not sinking yet.

The Good Reverend Roger