News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.

Started by LMNO, November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

I donno who to vote for, and I have no time to think about it right now.  Busy busy busy today. :(
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Jasper

Have I missed something?  How do we know Blight is innocent?

We can rule out

Roger (open Discordian)
Coyote (he was part of the clue that verified A Villager, so we know he's not a spider)

That leaves

Blight
Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic - I can't prove it either way, so...
Eater of Clowns
Remington - unlikely because of above stated reasons
BDS
Phox

Who among these looks the most likely?  I don't notice anything particularly leading.  If only the discordian who got attacked last would come forth and give us the two guesses, we would have the spider in no less than two turns, and secure unstoppable victory.

Nephew Twiddleton

I think that my innocence can be inferred by not only exposing a spider, but exposing my girlfriend as a spider. If I were the other spider, I would have gone with Coyote and bought her another round to subsume someone.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

If the other Discordian posts two names that don't include Siggy, I'll obviously change my vote.  Until and unless that happens, my vote is cast.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:49:25 PM
If the other Discordian posts two names that don't include Siggy, I'll obviously change my vote.  Until and unless that happens, my vote is cast.

Likewise.

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 29, 2010, 08:48:15 PM
I think that my innocence can be inferred by not only exposing a spider, but exposing my girlfriend as a spider. If I were the other spider, I would have gone with Coyote and bought her another round to subsume someone.

Of course, my bad.  I forgot about the whole 'dating a spider' thing.

And Remington could still be the spider.  He might have just elected who to subsume earlier, so he's still a possibility.

The list of objectively possible spiders:

Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
BDS
Phox
Remington

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 08:53:55 PM
Of course, my bad.  I forgot about the whole 'dating a spider' thing.

And Remington could still be the spider.  He might have just elected who to subsume earlier, so he's still a possibility.

The list of objectively possible spiders:

Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
BDS
Phox
Remington

No worries. We'll just wait for Roger's protege to reveal the two names, but at the moment my vote remains on you.

Jasper

hhhhhh...

This is what I get for suggesting that we shouldn't take people's word at face value in a paranoia game...  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 08:59:44 PM
hhhhhh...

This is what I get for suggesting that we shouldn't take people's word at face value in a paranoia game...  :lulz:

As well as suggesting extending game play, now that I've thought of it.

Blight,
-working with available info

Jasper

Eh.  Villagers will always win, even without the help of Discordians.  I guess I'm jaded.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 09:06:10 PM
Eh.  Villagers will always win, even without the help of Discordians.  I guess I'm jaded.

Well, it's the amount of people playing this round. Probably a good game would get going with about 20 people.

Jasper

You think more villagers would balance things out?  How so?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 09:09:12 PM
You think more villagers would balance things out?  How so?

Because, from what I can tell, the amount of Citizens is reflected by amount of Spiders. 1 out of 5 people is a Spider. 20 people would mean 4 Spiders, and presumably, 3 Discordians. The spiders would then have the advantage of 2 being known to each other.

Nephew Twiddleton

From another perspective, in this game, due to lack of people there are 2 spiders, and one of which was discovered early, partially due to slip up and partially due to failure to subsume. Now, it would have been easier to form the Machine if Villager succeeded in subsuming, but it gave her a shelf life in this game when she didn't. Now there is one Spider, who also failed to subsume a Discordian, meaning this Spider also has a shelf life, and this game will probably be over in two rounds. It came down to crap luck for the Spiders, but the numbers aren't there to have allowed the Spiders some recovery. Also, with fewer players, the odds of the second Spider going after the converted Discordian increase.