News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.

Started by LMNO, November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 06:27:36 AM
Uh.  huh.  Well, I retract my Siggie vote (sorry Sig) and vote Remington!

EoC - 4
Sig - 3
Rem - 1

Man, I just realized how brutal that "Discordian is given two names" thing is.  I always figured, great, we have a 50% chance of getting a Spider.  Now I know it just about screws a responsible Citizen.   :sad:

Yeah, that irks me too when it bites me on the ass.  It screws citizens and makes it really hard on the bad guys.

LMNO

GOOD MORNING.

VOTES NEEDED: 7

Eater of Clowns - Phox, Sig, Blight, Fracture

Remington - EoC

Sigmatic - TGRR, Coyote, Sigmatic

NOT YET POSTED THIS ROUND:
BDS
Remington
TGG

Whatever

Voting for EOC!

I'm back to abstaining. 

I really think EOC you protest a bit too much, but...  One never knows.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Phox on November 30, 2010, 06:30:12 AM
well, yes, but you should be happy to take one for the team in order to win the game, right?

I prefer to stay alive.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know game theory enough to complain about the actual mechanic, but I would personally prefer to be voted off due to my own action.  The fact that you'll be getting the Spider for another round just because Remmy hadn't posted seems like poor reasoning.  I guess if I'm ever the Spider I'll just have to go for the tactic of never saying a word.

But hey, you're right.  This is all for the Greater Good.  I have been selected and I am honored that my noble sacrifice was necessary when, you know, we're already guaranteed to win the game.

Sig, my apologies on being against your suggestion that the Discordian be punished for the wrong 50/50 choice.  It still doesn't make sense, but now I'm sore and I'm totally cool with seeing Phox voted off.  Sure it wouldn't help you guys, much like this round won't be helping you, but nobody seems to much care about that anyway.  Plus, she's admitted she'll be happy to see her team win, even if it's based on a reason just as flimsy as "Remmy didn't post last round."  :lol:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sister Fracture

Dude, if you're going to win ANYWAY, why are you bitching?

Because you're the spider. Or just a whiner.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Sister Fracture on November 30, 2010, 03:23:21 PM
Dude, if you're going to win ANYWAY, why are you bitching?

Because you're the spider. Or just a whiner.

You're right, my bad, when I said:

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
I prefer to stay alive.

What I really meant was:

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
I prefer to stay alive.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 30, 2010, 02:07:20 PM
GOOD MORNING.

VOTES NEEDED: 7

Eater of Clowns - Phox, Sig, Blight, Fracture

Remington - EoC

Sigmatic - TGRR, Coyote, Sigmatic

NOT YET POSTED THIS ROUND:
BDS
Remington
TGG

Voting EoC

EoC- 5
Remmy- 1
Siggy- 2

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 29, 2010, 05:19:35 PM
It occurs to me that perhaps most of these games have been won by using information gained outside the standard field of play.

Does this mean that for a possible next game, I can use all my really dirty tricks? (barring using my admin powers, I suppose)

BTW I retract my vote for EoC and will abstain.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2010, 04:48:09 PM
Does this mean that for a possible next game, I can use all my really dirty tricks? (barring using my admin powers, I suppose)

No rules have been set for IRL sleuthing.  Or, in one case, reading my PMs over my shoulder after creeping up on me like a Goddamn ninja.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2010, 04:48:09 PM

Does this mean in the next game you'll be applying for citizenship?  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 04:50:22 PM
No rules have been set for IRL sleuthing.  Or, in one case, reading my PMs over my shoulder after creeping up on me like a Goddamn ninja.

I didn't even read it. I just noticed you were reading PMs and looked away, but you asked "You totally read that PM from Siggy didn't you?" and I lied and said I did. So you actually outed him.

:lulz:
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Eater of Clowns

Have I mentioned how much I loathe you bastards?  I'm one round from finishing alive and you're putting me on a bus.  I'm not sure who I hope Remi attacks more this round, Phox for arbitrarily starting the votes against me or Fracture for pulling the "that's exactly what a Spider would say."

Either way, I'm taking a short trip to Milwaukee or some shit whereas the subsumed will spend the rest of their existence drooling on themselves while watching Dancing with the Stars.

:argh!:

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 06:09:53 PM
Have I mentioned how much I loathe you bastards?  I'm one round from finishing alive and you're putting me on a bus.  I'm not sure who I hope Remi attacks more this round, Phox for arbitrarily starting the votes against me or Fracture for pulling the "that's exactly what a Spider would say."

Either way, I'm taking a short trip to Milwaukee or some shit whereas the subsumed will spend the rest of their existence drooling on themselves while watching Dancing with the Stars.

:argh!:

What's in Milwaukee, aside from Schlitz?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS