News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

pdcom rules they didn't tell you about, but i will.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 11, 2010, 06:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 11, 2010, 04:38:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:32:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 11, 2010, 04:28:58 PM
Not just you.  I often have to physically restrain myself from clicking "reply".

Oh, yeah, but you may remember that in 2005 I was incapable of such restraint, or saying "sorry" or "I was wrong", or "Can we just drop it?"

I look back at some of that shit occasionally, and cringe.

Personally, I think Vex is having a breakdown, and as of now, I have no interest in pursuing the matter.  His thread about the phone messages makes me wish he'd go get looked at.  If I hadn't been forced to go to the doctor, I'd be dead now.

Seriously, though, it was weird and I don't think I'm being especially paranoid about it, it was just a bundle of coincidences that I thought warranted mentioning.

Well, I hope so.  Because sudden bouts of paranoia in your 20s+ are always serious.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:39:35 PM
#214:  Any thread with "Anarchy", "RIAA", or "Copyright" in the title is guaranteed to have at least 50 pages, but time can be saved by bumping one of the old ones, because the exact same arguments will be put forth by the exact same people in the exact same order.

You forgot drugs....

:wink:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Niamh on November 11, 2010, 04:53:26 PM
#214:  Any thread with "Anarchy", "RIAA", or "Copyright" in the title is guaranteed to have at least 50 pages, but time can be saved by bumping one of the old ones, because the exact same arguments will be put forth by the exact same people in the exact same order.

You forgot drugs....

That's #215, and reads identically.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:53:54 PM

You forgot drugs....

That is true and sad but hysterically funny all at the same time.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Niamh on November 11, 2010, 04:55:37 PM

You forgot drugs....

Well yeah, but so are twenty-three clowns in a tar-pit.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 11, 2010, 04:59:19 PM

You forgot drugs....

How is that sad?

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:36:49 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 11, 2010, 04:35:58 PM
There was a lot of weird shit going on back then.  I often had no idea what was happening.

Hugh ran a sociological experiment, and we actually DID do exactly what he expected.

:lulz:

I dunno, somehow I doubt he expected the first successful Rebel Alliance in internet history. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:59:37 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 11, 2010, 04:59:19 PM

You forgot drugs....

How is that sad?

My guess was the clowns are sad.

But maybe LMNO is right and they're just lonely.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

They say, "the more the merrier", so logically, the fewer clowns in the tarpit, the less merry it is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2010, 04:32:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 11, 2010, 04:28:58 PM
Not just you.  I often have to physically restrain myself from clicking "reply".

Oh, yeah, but you may remember that in 2005 I was incapable of such restraint, or saying "sorry" or "I was wrong", or "Can we just drop it?"

I look back at some of that shit occasionally, and cringe.

Personally, I think Vex is having a breakdown, and as of now, I have no interest in pursuing the matter.  His thread about the phone messages makes me wish he'd go get looked at.  If I hadn't been forced to go to the doctor, I'd be dead now.

Yes. This. This shit is not funny and it isn't regular asshole behavior. That post really worried me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

To conform to societies new standards, I would like to point out:

I tried my damned hardest to start a thread about copyright that didn't fall into the old pitfalls, but you know, its just so damned difficult!

x

edd,
disillusioned self-centred arsehole

Cramulus