News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

attn discordia!

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 11, 2010, 04:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

This isn't a revenge thread, Roger. It's separate from that bollocks.

And you seem to have misread. Your share would be $20. Whatever amount you paid, ERC gets $10 plus $5 S&H. This automatically restores your Spark of Discord. I didn't invent the doctrine, it was revealed to me in a dream by Eris!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Don Coyote

Coyote told me that Eris was stoned that night.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 04:07:54 AM

Oh, silly me.  I thought you stating that I wasn't a discordian THERE for being a Subgenius and you stating HERE that I can't be a Discordian for being a Subgenius were somehow related.

I can be so goofy, sometimes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 01:43:08 PM
Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 04:07:54 AM

Oh, silly me.  I thought you stating that I wasn't a discordian THERE for being a Subgenius and you stating HERE that I can't be a Discordian for being a Subgenius were somehow related.

I can be so goofy, sometimes.

I see what you're saying, but seriously they're unrelated.

You're free to believe what you want, but you won't be right until the ERC pays you back your Subgenius membership fee.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I guess I'm not a REALLY REAL Discordian, then.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

But you can be, for the LOW, LOW PRICE of just $30 plus $5 shipping and handling. And it isn't buying your way into salvation, it's demonstrating monetarily your commitment to the salvation of others!

Actually I'm pretty sure the ERC does not accept membership directly from unsalvaged Subgenii; you have to find somebody to pay their dues as your sponsor, and after you receive your ERC check, you can then pay your dues and be a member. By-laws. Have to stay on the right side of the IRS, etc.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 02:06:19 PM
But you can be, for the LOW, LOW PRICE of just $30 plus $5 shipping and handling. And it isn't buying your way into salvation, it's demonstrating monetarily your commitment to the salvation of others!

Actually I'm pretty sure the ERC does not accept membership directly from unsalvaged Subgenii; you have to find somebody to pay their dues as your sponsor, and after you receive your ERC check, you can then pay your dues and be a member. By-laws. Have to stay on the right side of the IRS, etc.

I think I'll just be a fake Discordian, then.  Less paperwork & rules.

Carry on.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:00:03 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 11, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
AWESOME in the truest sense of the word.

Well, it IS pretty elaborate for a revenge thread, I have to admit.   :lulz:

Is that what it is?  I didn't clue in to that.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 12, 2010, 02:54:17 PM

Came from this.

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:22:21 PM
You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion.

So, basically, if you've ever spent a few bucks on a packet full of jokes, you can't be a REAL Discordian.  From the OP in THIS thread, I gather that Catholics, Jews, and most protestants aren't allowed in, either, unless someone bails them out.

So I'm going to be a fake one.  I hope my activities don't get poomp all over this nice, shiny new Discordianism.

Nephew Twiddleton

Maybe Vex is just strapped for cash  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 12, 2010, 03:14:33 PM
Maybe Vex is just strapped for cash  :lulz:

Maybe.  Or maybe he's decided for us all who has the "spark of discord", and who doesn't.  And you can't be a REAL Discordian again until someone "bails you out."

His words.

tyrannosaurus vex

That's right, I am the only real purveyor of REAL DISCORDIANISM. But that's OK! I'm not selling it, it's FREE! All you have to do is make a small monetary gesture of your intention to become a Real Discordian™.

Folks, right now is not the time to be wishy-washy! It's a cruel, unpredictable world out there, and you're going to need reliable sanctuary when the ground starts shaking and society starts crumbling! The ERC is that sanctuary! Our beds are warm, our pews are padded, and there's always something danceable playing on the PA! And what's more is there's no catch! Just a bunch of free love, free pizza, free drinks, and free Salvation from the forces of greed and strife!

All you have to do is sign up and send in $30 plus $5 S&H, to show your commitment to the cause. We are an inclusive religion, and to show just how inclusive we are, we ask that our members contribute the cost of saving a lost soul. And, because we have a direct line to Megatruth, we know exactly how much a lost soul is worth!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 03:13:07 PM

Came from this.

You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion.

So, basically, if you've ever spent a few bucks on a packet full of jokes, you can't be a REAL Discordian.  From the OP in THIS thread, I gather that Catholics, Jews, and most protestants aren't allowed in, either, unless someone bails them out.

So I'm going to be a fake one.  I hope my activities don't get poomp all over this nice, shiny new Discordianism.

Huh, I thought that was a joke...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 12, 2010, 04:00:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 03:13:07 PM

Came from this.

Huh, I thought that was a joke...

Humiliation is the new humor.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'd just like to point out that it does seem like a revenge thread to me. This is the 3rd time in the past couple of days that Vex has made some sort of post or thread about Subgenii paying $30.

Vex, I think you should let the matter go and stop dumping on Subgenii and pretending to purvey really real Discordianism. Didn't really have a problem with you before but this is starting it irritate me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS