News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

attn discordia!

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 11, 2010, 04:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 12, 2010, 04:00:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 12, 2010, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:00:03 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 11, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
AWESOME in the truest sense of the word.

Well, it IS pretty elaborate for a revenge thread, I have to admit.   :lulz:

Is that what it is?  I didn't clue in to that.

Came from this.

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:22:21 PM
You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion.

So, basically, if you've ever spent a few bucks on a packet full of jokes, you can't be a REAL Discordian.  From the OP in THIS thread, I gather that Catholics, Jews, and most protestants aren't allowed in, either, unless someone bails them out.

So I'm going to be a fake one.  I hope my activities don't get poomp all over this nice, shiny new Discordianism.

Huh, I thought that was a joke...

Humiliation is the new humor.

I didn't realize you found being a Subgenius humiliating....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 12, 2010, 04:26:21 PM

Came from this.

You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion.

So, basically, if you've ever spent a few bucks on a packet full of jokes, you can't be a REAL Discordian.  From the OP in THIS thread, I gather that Catholics, Jews, and most protestants aren't allowed in, either, unless someone bails them out.

So I'm going to be a fake one.  I hope my activities don't get poomp all over this nice, shiny new Discordianism.

Neither did I, until today.

I was a Subgenius before I was a Discordian.  It seems that many of the people I really respect here (yourself included) think that Vex is really onto something here.  Since I seem to lack the "spark of Discord" due to being a Subgenius, and I've been a Subgenius the entire time I've been writing, that tells me that everything I've written as a Discordian isn't worth a shit, and I'm really sorry I wasted my time and yours.

But Cram is right.  This needs to go on 23AE, so PD doesn't wind up attracting the wrong sort of Discordian...IE, the ones that aren't real.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 12, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
I'd just like to point out that it does seem like a revenge thread to me. This is the 3rd time in the past couple of days that Vex has made some sort of post or thread about Subgenii paying $30.

Vex, I think you should let the matter go and stop dumping on Subgenii and pretending to purvey really real Discordianism. Didn't really have a problem with you before but this is starting it irritate me.

You should hear me talk more often. I'm always making fun of the Sugbenii for giving up real money for membership. It's hardly anything new with me.

[srsbsns]If it irritates you, go somewhere else, right? I put this thread on a forum, not in your pants. I'm not trying to make some bullshit revenge thread. FFS, it's only Roger, and I'm done with that whole fight anyway. This wouldn't be a question if I'd posted it a week ago or a month ago, but now, because I happen to have had an argument with a Subgenius suddenly everything I do is intended to rub dirt in the guy's eye. Like I said, it's only Roger. I'll probably never get along with him and I'm done trying to explain myself every time I turn around. I'll post what I feel like posting and you can believe what you want to about it. [/srsbsns]
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Hey, Vex, can I get the couple thousand bucks the Catholics weaseled out of me? I wanna be a REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN, so since I paid WAY more than $30 over the years, I need a refund too, right? Can you help me draft a letter to the Vatican asking about that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Phox on November 12, 2010, 04:48:40 PM
Hey, Vex, can I get the couple thousand bucks the Catholics weaseled out of me? I wanna be a REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN, so since I paid WAY more than $30 over the years, I need a refund too, right? Can you help me draft a letter to the Vatican asking about that?

Orthodox Jews will never get out of the hole.  Nor will any Nazarenes.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:51:09 PM

And don't get me started on the Amish.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 04:54:44 PM

I was under the impression they'd get a waiver or something.  As you said:

Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 04:35:36 PM
FFS, it's only Roger,

Nephew Twiddleton

I'd just like to point out that it does seem like a revenge thread to me. This is the 3rd time in the past couple of days that Vex has made some sort of post or thread about Subgenii paying $30.

Vex, I think you should let the matter go and stop dumping on Subgenii and pretending to purvey really real Discordianism. Didn't really have a problem with you before but this is starting it irritate me.

You should hear me talk more often. I'm always making fun of the Sugbenii for giving up real money for membership. It's hardly anything new with me.

[srsbsns]If it irritates you, go somewhere else, right? I put this thread on a forum, not in your pants. I'm not trying to make some bullshit revenge thread. FFS, it's only Roger, and I'm done with that whole fight anyway. This wouldn't be a question if I'd posted it a week ago or a month ago, but now, because I happen to have had an argument with a Subgenius suddenly everything I do is intended to rub dirt in the guy's eye. Like I said, it's only Roger. I'll probably never get along with him and I'm done trying to explain myself every time I turn around. I'll post what I feel like posting and you can believe what you want to about it. [/srsbsns]

Ok, I believe you're being a douchebag right now, and I'll ignore you until you get over it. Sorry, but it seems to me like you're singling Roger out, and you can do what you like about that and pretend there's nothing to do with your argument with him in this.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Rev. Dr. Narot

I'm going to second that. I like Vex, no problems with him. I've pissed off a couple folks before, but feel like I apologized promptly and satisfactorily (fuck, can't expect everyone to get along).

Really now, poking fun is great, but you're not winning any favor on this end by keeping it up.
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: postvex™ on November 12, 2010, 04:54:44 PM

Orthodox Jews will never get out of the hole.  Nor will any Nazarenes.

I was under the impression they'd get a waiver or something.  As you said:

FFS, it's only Roger,

Nobody just gets a waiver, the ERC wouldn't be able to afford to restock all the salvation we're peddling.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 04:29:36 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 12, 2010, 04:26:21 PM

Came from this.

Neither did I, until today.

I was a Subgenius before I was a Discordian.  It seems that many of the people I really respect here (yourself included) think that Vex is really onto something here.  Since I seem to lack the "spark of Discord" due to being a Subgenius, and I've been a Subgenius the entire time I've been writing, that tells me that everything I've written as a Discordian isn't worth a shit, and I'm really sorry I wasted my time and yours.

But Cram is right.  This needs to go on 23AE, so PD doesn't wind up attracting the wrong sort of Discordian...IE, the ones that aren't real.

I didn't think Vex was on to anything other than trying to make a joke. As a Subgenius myself, I find it difficult to think that it would make me (or you) not Discordian. Especially since Dobbs is the bastard child of Eris and Emperor Norton.  Also, I have to deal with Rev Stang on a semi-regular basis... that alone convinces me that SubG's are all Discordian.

I guess the reason I commented was that I didn't understand your response. It's like someone pokes you with a stick and you respond by grabbing the stick and impaling yourself with it. So what if vex said something about you being a SubGenius? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Hell, you call me names when we're needling each other.. You called Vex a sociopath yesterday. Is it really worth getting riled over? Is it really an indictment of everything you've ever written?

Cause to me it seemed like a little needling and a joke... perhaps poorly executed.

But, "To each their own" said the old lady as she kissed the cow. If you want to run with it, run with it. I'll shut up.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 12, 2010, 05:20:47 PM
I didn't think Vex was on to anything other than trying to make a joke.

FFS, it's only Roger,

I laughed.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Rev. Dr. Narot on November 12, 2010, 05:07:21 PM

I'm going to second that. I like Vex, no problems with him. I've pissed off a couple folks before, but feel like I apologized promptly and satisfactorily (fuck, can't expect everyone to get along).

Really now, poking fun is great, but you're not winning any favor on this end by keeping it up.

again: not a "revenge thread." not based on anything. not intended to fuck with anybody. seriously, yes i would be absolutely serious about calling the Subgenii out for their membership fees by requiring a membership fee myself. i might be dumb but even i can detect the intentional irony there.

The Good Reverend Roger